The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anybody else worried that if we do sell arguably are two most valuable players that Martinez might waste the cash?

Is he trustworthy enough for us to slap 40M plus in his hand and give him a shopping trolley?

I was underwhelmed with Kone and still am, and people seem to have issues with Robles, Alcaraz has been injured before he's even started and I think anybody can see Gerard has talent, but the problem is he will never be our player.

Thoughts...

Me too.

Always said, at least you could trust Moyes. Martinez has never been in this position, he may just play it safe.

I just hope he has a special ace up his sleeve. But doubt it.

Is anybody else worried that if we do sell arguably are two most valuable players that Martinez might waste the cash?

In a word......yes.

McCarthy being lined up as a big money arrival, makes me doubt his knowledge of the market. Personally, I have no faith in him spending it wisely, but we're highly likely to find out shortly..so let's see.

Dont worry, Martinez wont be given tens of millions to spend unwisely or otherwise...Bill will see to that.

*negative net summer spend*

Me too.

Always said, at least you could trust Moyes. Martinez has never been in this position, he may just play it safe.

I just hope he has a special ace up his sleeve. But doubt it.

Personally, I think he will even more paying over the odd for his targets now if we sell Fellaini and Baines. I did trust Moyes on signings but Martinez...his records do not convince me at all.

if we're after a striker we could do worse than go for this Cagliari player. He's 25 and was capped by Italy for the first time earlier this year. But has a decent scoring record and had a great season last year. Marco Sau. Some great finishes in that clip from last season. He surely would not cost more than 8m euros or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zinca9gocX4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Sau

Someone start some rumours up.

Sau means sheep in Norwegian. For that reason, I'm out.

Personally, I think he will even more paying over the odd for his targets now if we sell Fellaini and Baines. I did trust Moyes on signings but Martinez...his records do not convince me at all.

In fairness to him, it wouldn't matter who was in the chair, they'd be overpaying for their targets at this point in the window if they'd just landed a £40m windfall.

Which is another great reason why we should be telling United to go away.

In fairness to him, it wouldn't matter who was in the chair, they'd be overpaying for their targets at this point in the window if they'd just landed a £40m windfall.

Which is another great reason why we should be telling United to go away.

I agree and that's why I insist we shall tell Man Utd and Moyes to koff. Draw a line and staying focus on our next game.

I couldn't care less who his dad is - I'd sign the reincarnation of Shankley for Everton if he could take a decent corner, NEA - but I care about the fact he's a complete weapon of the highest order and would disrupt the dressing room massively. A big time charlie wannabe with no ability to back it up, deemed so bad only a few years ago that he couldn't even threaten a Liverpool bench that deemed Stewart Downing to be a saviour of the wings.

Screw that. He's found his level in the Championship. Spunking money away on this clown would be like splashing £20m on Nugent after his England cap because he was in vogue.

Avoid like the plague.

In a nutshell that.

I think Ince is ten a penny winger who would fine for a Hull or Cardiff.

Ince is a fantastic young player and will go on to be one of the better current English players.

People saying otherwise have not seen him play or do not understand the game.

Ince is a fantastic young player and will go on to be one of the better current English players.

People saying otherwise have not seen him play or do not understand the game.

I have to agree with you. Every time I've seen him play he's been the best player on the pitch & that includes when we played them at Goodison in the cup.

I think he's developing into a quality player, who's more than earned a pop at the PL.

Ince has a decent scoring record - If we got him at the start of the season at a decent price maybe - but to leave it so late we will get **** on price for someone not proven at pl level. + Worse of all Liverpool would get a big chunk of the fee - fck that shi*!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back