The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you mate, we definitely have to put faith in him but if Fellaini goes for 24-28m then I'd like to see another come in as I don't think Jelavic will work in Martinez's system.

And I also agree that we need a number 10, however a CM of any sort is our main priority, one as backup for Gibson and one to replace Fellaini.

Our no.10 is Barkley unless you want him dropped?

Our no.10 is Barkley unless you want him dropped?

He's not supplying enough, we need a true behind the striker, Kagawa, Rooney, Lampard, Michu etc etc, that star player. Not bagging the lad, this is his first proper season in the team, but we shouldn't have it weigh on his shoulders, no reason we can't have him and another in the team.

Could probably get Defoe for 10m. Rightnow he doesnt seem to be AVBs first choice and with potentially world cup finals in the summer ?

Could probably get Defoe for 10m. Rightnow he doesnt seem to be AVBs first choice and with potentially world cup finals in the summer ?

Would love Defoe, he just scored 2 mid week (should have had a hattrick) and they're still a bit short in strikers, can't see him leaving.

What about kalou?? Wants to come back to premiership and wants to play in the central strikers role low release fee although possible wages could be high...? Knows where goal is though

What about kalou?? Wants to come back to premiership and wants to play in the central strikers role low release fee although possible wages could be high...? Knows where goal is though

Christ no, looked bog average in a very good Chelsea side, would not improve us one iota.

If we do sell Fellaini for around £25m we need someone who can score 10+ goals, a deep lying central midfielder and someone who can attack the ball from set pieces.

If we buy McCarthy that covers the central midfield bit (though at the quoted fees it is a disgusting waste of money if we sign him) however it leaves us 10 goals down on last year and with a huge drop in our attacking play. So that means the rest of the money has to be invested in someone who can create and score goals.

This is a huge test of Martinez.

I disagree, we signed Kone for a reason, we have to show faith with him for the season, otherwise what was the point ya know?

We really, really, really need a quality number 10. No point having a striker if we can't feed him in behind the backline.

Barkley put two defence splitting balls through for Mirallas & Jelavic today. A powerful box to box midfielder is what's needed. Not Gareth Barry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back