The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
McCarthy is a direct replacement for felliani... thats why people MOAN and rightly so
fellaini out McCarthy in is stepping backwards

Is it? Fellaini is a a talisman for us not for his work in CM so much as his forays up front. We'll miss his forward play. For my money he's too ponderous on the ball in an area we need to get weaving with some sharp passing.

There's a time a player suits a team and a time he maybe doesn't so much. Fellaini and us have reached that latter moment.

At £500k and £60k respectively they are allowed to be ****.

At £6m-£12m they need be good or we are in trouble

Look at what happened with the judgement on Fellaini: he was castigated for months before he came good.

Way too much kneejerking going on before a player has proven himself to be the waste of money you see Kone as.

Look at what happened with the judgement on Fellaini: he was castigated for months before he came good.

Way too much kneejerking going on before a player has proven himself to be the waste of money you see Kone as.

I was one of the creatures who backed Fellaini from day 1 (even predicted young player of the year after a couple of seasons)...I've seen Kone play and he can't trap or head the ball.

The team is now over-weighted with centre backs and theres going to be zero quality if fellaini goes and Gibson is injured in the central midfield area. Furthermore the forward area looks so weak its shameful.

For me, as sad as it is, both Baines and Fellaini should be off for 40mil+ to sign a forward and 2 central midfielders all under 23.

That seems the only way forward. Depressing.

I was one of the creatures who backed Fellaini from day 1 (even predicted young player of the year after a couple of seasons)...I've seen Kone play and he can't trap or head the ball.

The team is now over-weighted with centre backs and theres going to be zero quality if fellaini goes and Gibson is injured in the central midfield area. Furthermore the forward area looks so weak its shameful.

For me, as sad as it is, both Baines and Fellaini should be off for 40mil+ to sign a forward and 2 central midfielders all under 23.

That seems the only way forward. Depressing.

Why dont you wait and see what replacements are brought in before making sweeping statements like that?

As for Kone: he may click and find form. I think he probably will once the season unfolds and he gets that starting shirt he should be getting and not waiting for bits and pieces of games as understudy to that useless ****er Jelavic.

Why dont you wait and see what replacements are brought in before making sweeping statements like that?

As for Kone: he may click and find form. I think he probably will once the season unfolds and he gets that starting shirt he should be getting and not waiting for bits and pieces of games as understudy to that useless ****er Jelavic.

Of course if Fellaini goes I'll wait and see whose brought in before going nuclear, however the point is valid--IF he goes we'll be short there.

The rumours linking us to bruno martins indi seem odd as we currently have 6 (SIX!!) first team centre backs on the books.

I wonder if Martinez will go 3-5-2 or some total football formation with so many centre backs.

McCarthy is a direct replacement for felliani... thats why people MOAN and rightly so
fellaini out McCarthy in is stepping backwards

Maybe if Moyes were in charge...but for what martinez wants...hes an upgrade.

He wants a more mobile player with better skills on the deck...i love felli but a lot of his strengths are negated by RM footballing philosophy....McCarthy is RM style of player.

Tom Ince would be interesting...

Would like too see a bid for Defoe....he would fit our style and put the ball away

Is it? Fellaini is a a talisman for us not for his work in CM so much as his forays up front. We'll miss his forward play. For my money he's too ponderous on the ball in an area we need to get weaving with some sharp passing.

There's a time a player suits a team and a time he maybe doesn't so much. Fellaini and us have reached that latter moment.

Can not disagree with this. When he's playingalongside osman for sure. Our passing is fine, but we need to do it quicker through the middle to start attacks. Even though they both played well yesterday, both of them are not in Gibson's league when it comes to thisaspect.

Yesterday's game just showed my worst fear . We don't have the players to play Martinez's style . Now If Fellaini goes we really do need a playmaker and striker but its getting on really late in the window . If worst comes to worse Fellaini goes 25m and McCarthy and Barry are brought in and we spend the rest on a striker in January

Maybe if Moyes were in charge...but for what martinez wants...hes an upgrade.

He wants a more mobile player with better skills on the deck...i love felli but a lot of his strengths are negated by RM footballing philosophy....McCarthy is RM style of player.

Tom Ince would be interesting...

Would like too see a bid for Defoe....he would fit our style and put the ball away

Interesting point about Martinez style of play and McCarthy possibly suiting it better.

Defoe though a few years back would have been good now though we need young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back