The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_m3qadmlwhZ1qblg7bo1_500.png

Zero quality if Fellaini goes ?
What sort on nonsense is that Everton are not a one man team as you would suggest,Miralles,Coleman,Barkley,Jakielka,Baines,Defoleou,Distin Etc can hardly be describes as being of Zero quality.
Furthermore the signing of Ince and McCarthy will enhance the squad greatly.
Zero quality ! A classic example of kneejerk reaction.

We have got a lot of quality, yes. But if Felli goes we need someone with a bit of oomph who can change things where it matters most - in the opposition box. I dont see that amongst the others. IMO, we need to be getting a forward in as a priority. I sincerely hope that Martinez is wheeling and dealing behind the scenes away from the Baines and Fellaini circus to shift some squad fillers out and (hopefully) Jelavic on to another club to create the means for this.

This is crucial now. The next 36 hours or so will determine our season.

I gave up on this transfer window when we signed Kone for six million.

I had been hoping that we would break our record transfer fee on a class striker like Negredo or Soldado. Believe it or not, I can remember people stating that signing the likes of Negredo or Soldado would be too much of a risk as they had never played in England before, but all the excuses in the world were used to excuse Martinez' selection of average players in the transfer market, and then the player himself will be given a good 18 moths of crap football before people finally come to the conclusion that he has been a total waste of money.

Yeah Bill is deliberately trying to undermine the club so he can devalue his investment. Good one. Or perhaps your latest fantasy involves Mr Kenwright pocketing the funds?
Something like that yeah.

We'll, I'm prepared to see what he is sold for and then how much of it is invested into the team.

After all, unless he was lying, Martinez told us the club is in a great financial position and we don't need to sell. So with that in mind if ANY of the money is left over something fishy is going on.

Ps, unrelated point but I cannot believe we haven't managed to sell any fringe players... Gueye, Heitinga (thought he'd be off as soon as Alcaraz was signed), Anichebe (thought he'd be off soon as Kone signed - that or flog Vellios), even Naismith.

To keep all of them is criminal.

I had been hoping that we would break our record transfer fee on a class striker like Negredo or Soldado. Believe it or not, I can remember people stating that signing the likes of Negredo or Soldado would be too much of a risk as they had never played in England before, but all the excuses in the world were used to excuse Martinez' selection of average players in the transfer market, and then the player himself will be given a good 18 moths of crap football before people finally come to the conclusion that he has been a total waste of money.

Kone aside he has brought in a defender on a free and a back up goalkeeper for around 1-2m to replace the departed Mucha

What else would you have liked him to do?

Kone aside he has brought in a defender on a free and a back up goalkeeper for around 1-2m to replace the departed Mucha

What else would you have liked him to do?

I think he wanted him to go out to the Finch Farm money tree to shake down 30M for transfers. It's right there for him if he wasn't such a lazy Spanish [Poor language removed]. All he needs to do is give that tree a shake. Why isn't he doing it?

100000% this.

Is just all confirms to be that, regardless of how likeable he is or how genuine he seems, Martinez was the only "yes" man they interviewed who was willing to become Kenwright's new human shield and accept another period of sell to buy and absolutely no investment or future investment from the board.

Shocking really. His signings have completely pissed me off, and I don't think it's going to get any better.

Then I log onto the Everton site last night after get another terrible performance against Cardiff and read the manager saying we'll end the window stronger than when we went into it.

Well if we means having Kone and potentially McCarthy instead of Fellaini that just confirms his small club attitude and I hope he lasts no longer than a season with us. He'll put us back years.

I don't think they will let him go

The only problem is he happy to sit on the bench and collect his wages. That puts me off players right away.
Its seem that the club would have sold him. Javier Hernandez has rejected the chance to leave Manchester United and join Valencia.
Mexico striker Hernandez was the subject of a bid from Valencia this summer , the Spanish club promising him the regular football he craves.
But despite Robin van Persie being United's No.1 striker and Wayne Rooney and Danny Welbeck being ahead of him in the pecking order, Hernandez decided to stay put.
The striker's agent, Eduardo Hernandez, confirmed the offer from Valencia and said: "Of course he wants to play more, to have more minutes, to participate more, but he wants to do it at United, he wants to defend the title and go far in the Champions League.
"The interest from Valencia was real. He had the chance to speak with the sporting director [Braulio Vazquez] but Javier, I reiterate, wants to stay at Manchester United, this is the challenge.
"He was very grateful to Valencia and the other clubs who called him

Something like that yeah.

We'll, I'm prepared to see what he is sold for and then how much of it is invested into the team.

After all, unless he was lying, Martinez told us the club is in a great financial position and we don't need to sell. So with that in mind if ANY of the money is left over something fishy is going on.

Ps, unrelated point but I cannot believe we haven't managed to sell any fringe players... Gueye, Heitinga (thought he'd be off as soon as Alcaraz was signed), Anichebe (thought he'd be off soon as Kone signed - that or flog Vellios), even Naismith.

To keep all of them is criminal.

Believe it or not, we need more than 11 players and 7 subs.

100000% this.

Is just all confirms to be that, regardless of how likeable he is or how genuine he seems, Martinez was the only "yes" man they interviewed who was willing to become Kenwright's new human shield and accept another period of sell to buy and absolutely no investment or future investment from the board.

Shocking really. His signings have completely pissed me off, and I don't think it's going to get any better.

Then I log onto the Everton site last night after get another terrible performance against Cardiff and read the manager saying we'll end the window stronger than when we went into it.

Well if we means having Kone and potentially McCarthy instead of Fellaini that just confirms his small club attitude and I hope he lasts no longer than a season with us. He'll put us back years.

Who did you want as manager butters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back