The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone sell Fellaini (24m plus 10m we got already) if we then purchased the following players ;

Soldado 12m
Kone 5m
Mcarthey 8-10m
Fer 7m

Hmmm, well sort of...
Soldado and Fer yes and the prices seem about correct. Kone and McCarthy No, the latter will be closer to 15M and kone would be a 30yr old back up that's cost us 5M? Doesn't make sense really does it.

Your basically giving us 35M and the loss of Fellaini.
Rooney 25M (ok unrealistic but change for whoever with that money)
Fer 6M
Donovan 1M
3M left to buy another CM as cover/rotation
(Flamini, Frimpong both free, diame 3M, a loan maybe ofoe)

People really need to get these Wigan players out of the heads. There either not good enough or likely to be too expensive when looking what else could be available.

Do people seriously still want Donovan?

He's 31 years old now, and there are better options... Even £1m would be a waste imo. I don't care how much of a cult hero he is at Goodison, it'd be a waste.

He's 31 years old now, and there are better options... Even £1m would be a waste imo. I don't care how much of a cult hero he is at Goodison, it'd be a waste.
Don't think it'd be a waste for £1m, but certainly wouldn't pay much (if any) more.

Absolutely nothing backs up what your saying. Players careers don't end at 30. He's arguably the most creative player we'v had in years and you don't lose that creativity. Has his pace gone? Not really tbh.

I find it amazing that people would disregard Donovan. Even as a squad player he would be very very usefull. Suppose we could stick with Naismith instead! Ha..

I'd rather it go towards a better alternative!

Wouldn't exactly make a massive impact at that price, and I do think he'd add something to the team. Yeah he's 31, but he's had a much less "tough" career than most players of his quality... and his pace hasn't really declined so far. Also strikes a better corner than pretty much anyone else at the club :P

He'd be a fantastic acquisition at £1M.

He knows his way around the squad, has pace, is a creative outlet and can play in a few positions.

A player like him wouldn't give us much in terms of sell-on value, but he'd be great for a couple of seasons.

Wouldn't exactly make a massive impact at that price, and I do think he'd add something to the team. Yeah he's 31, but he's had a much less "tough" career than most players of his quality... and his pace hasn't really declined so far. Also strikes a better corner than pretty much anyone else at the club :P

Our major weakness is and has been the lack of quality in those important front 4 posistions especially when injury/loss of form strikes. Here is a player who can play all 4 posistions to a high standard and should cost minimal or even free in a few months time and people are against it because he's the wrong side of 30??

Pfft.... I wish we had the cash to buy these type of players when they were 24, but we don't! If we want a stronger better quality squad we have to have some (not all) but some players of a higher age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back