The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the first I've heard of it. The supposed release clause is too much anyway. Anyone paying that money for a non creative midfielder who lacks the ability to track runners is getting had off.

So in your eyes how much is baines worth?

I rekon we should sign bony, alcatraz as backup and that barca kid on loan

anything less we should be on the march, with bobbys army on the protest

without selling anyone lid. maybe Heitinga and Gueye we deserve atleast this

Last edited:

You dont need to be a loony to see that more is flowing into the club than we see being spent.

Fear not though, I'm sure the truth is out there. The future accounts will no doubt show another couple more impenetrable cost categories to soak up the bonanza and *prove* how all is well.

You know, I'm really glad theres more coming in than we're spending. Seems like a reasonable way to run a business, in my experience...

Southampton are linked to pretty much linked to every good player going, how do they have so much cash?

They have an ambitious yet ruthless owner who knows what he's doing. Lambert cost £1m, Schneiderlin £1.5m. Shaw and Lallana were youth products they actually put faith into and have therefore saved millions in those areas.

They didn't spend all the money they received last season after their promotion and they've just got another wedge from the new TV deal. We're in debt, their not.

They have an ambitious yet ruthless owner who knows what he's doing. Lambert cost £1m, Schneiderlin £1.5m. Shaw and Lallana were youth products they actually put faith into and have therefore saved millions in those areas.

They didn't spend all the money they received last season after their promotion and they've just got another wedge from the new TV deal. We're in debt, their not.
They spent 11million on gaston Ramirez

The TV revenue increase is from this coming season, the incremental cash won't land this summer.

They could borrow against it, if they wished, but it's not the same as having it in the account & choosing not to spend it.

As for the rest of that post, you're basing your accusations of wrong doing on events that haven't even happened! i.e. the supposed £40m incoming transfer fees, which you've then decided won't be re-invested & have therefore concluded that it denotes something shady.

:lol:

Of course it's money that can be spent now, haven't you noticed borrowing against future assets is how this club has been run so far under this lot?!?! As for sales, if you dont think they'll happen then you haven't been paying attention. My point is that we'l be spending a fraction of what's available. You know it too. But by all menas, be my guest to defend this shower of ****s, becuase they've always backed the manager before haven't they?

We already have "other operating costs" and now "infrastructure" what do you think they will call the next black hole the money disappears into? My guess is it'll be the "new stadium fund!"

'Les Ambassedurs crisis fund'

You know, I'm really glad theres more coming in than we're spending. Seems like a reasonable way to run a business, in my experience...

Not when not spending sees you fail to compete, then it's highly unreasonable - isn't it?

Not when not spending sees you fail to compete, then it's highly unreasonable - isn't it?

So you're suggesting that a local fizzy drinks manufacturer should spend every penny of income competing with Coca Cola?.....If £40 million was invested in players this season, and we still finished between 6th-8th, I'd hazard a guess that you'd be the first to complain about the state of the clubs finances.

Chelsea signed Van Ginkel, another young talented midfielder. Honestly don't understand how these players can keep signing for them knowing they're not even going to get a crack at the bench. If only more footballers cared more about actually playing - like Mirallas - then signing for money, maybe then we could say without a doubt the premier league is the best in the world.

The thing with most footballers is that they have the confidence to back themselves. Along with the talent that's what's helped them get to where they are - so if an agent and a manager of the team they're talking to tell them they're good enough and they'll get chances then they'll go for it

Was on a Sunderland forum before, and a respected ITK there who has links to Martinez and got a load of things right regarding his time at Wigan and Swansea said that Pienaar is on 73k a week. He also says Baines is only on 43k a week.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=789841

Don't believe the pienaar bit anyway. A guy that left and it didn't work out desperate to come back costing us more money than what we sold him for I don't think would of been in a posistion to ask for that sort of wage. Doubt he's on more than 50k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back