The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dutch Football ‏@football_oranje 4m
According to Bony's agent, West Ham, Liverpool and Everton have all made offers, but Swansea's is the best. #Vitesse #lfc #efc #whu #swans

on twitter!

And even Swansea's bid ATM isn't good enough!.

Something very wrong at this club mate. People off the wage bill earning loads, 25% increase in revenue this summer, probably about £35-40M coming in in player sales if the one's we expect now to go in fact go...and you know that out of that combined total of around £60M generated Martinez will be extremely lucky to get a couple of circa £10M players and a few frees and loans.

The club stinks of people doing something very suspect. There's unspecified outgoings here, that's what the layman would think and I dont see any reason to doubt it. I have no idea whether it's above board or not (no doubt they'll have some explanation for it).

We all need to keep a close eye on what the scores on the doors are when the beginning of September swings around and that window slams shut.

I said this ages ago there is something very strange going on with regards to our clubs finances. Like the other year we had 40mil worth of debt and we sold like 30mil worth of players which wasn't reinvested and we are now 46mil of debt...where did the 30mil go?

We must remain vigilant. :hay:

Even so, the money being generated by EFC this summer is going to dwarf that.

It's disturbing that those clubs you mention are at another level to us in the transfer market. There's something very wrong somewhere.
That's what I mean, it was only £1.5 million or so, yet it's probably affected our budget - which is ridiculous. And very wrong indeed

I see. Are the X Files back on Sky One ?

You dont need to be a loony to see that more is flowing into the club than we see being spent.

Fear not though, I'm sure the truth is out there. The future accounts will no doubt show another couple more impenetrable cost categories to soak up the bonanza and *prove* how all is well.

I said this ages ago there is something very strange going on with regards to our clubs finances. Like the other year we had 40mil worth of debt and we sold like 30mil worth of players which wasn't reinvested and we are now 46mil of debt...where did the 30mil go?

Bill's very *cough* creative.

Something very wrong at this club mate. People off the wage bill earning loads, 25% increase in revenue this summer, probably about £35-40M coming in in player sales if the one's we expect now to go in fact go...and you know that out of that combined total of around £60M generated Martinez will be extremely lucky to get a couple of circa £10M players and a few frees and loans.

The club stinks of people doing something very suspect. There's unspecified outgoings here, that's what the layman would think and I dont see any reason to doubt it. I have no idea whether it's above board or not (no doubt they'll have some explanation for it).

We all need to keep a close eye on what the scores on the doors are when the beginning of September swings around and that window slams shut.

The TV revenue increase is from this coming season, the incremental cash won't land this summer.

They could borrow against it, if they wished, but it's not the same as having it in the account & choosing not to spend it.

As for the rest of that post, you're basing your accusations of wrong doing on events that haven't even happened! i.e. the supposed £40m incoming transfer fees, which you've then decided won't be re-invested & have therefore concluded that it denotes something shady.

:lol:

You dont need to be a loony to see that more is flowing into the club than we see being spent.

Fear not though, I'm sure the truth is out there. The future accounts will no doubt show another couple more impenetrable cost categories to soak up the bonanza and *prove* how all is well.
We already have "other operating costs" and now "infrastructure" what do you think they will call the next black hole the money disappears into? My guess is it'll be the "new stadium fund!"

If know one wants fellaini i will be chuffed to bits tbh. Lots wanting him to go so we can sign a big name, whilst forgetting fellaini is a big name and player for us. Importantly Martinez will not use him as the No.10 and he'll be able to play as a No.8 and also offer quality cover to play the deeper posistion that no doubt Gibson won't be able to play all season (injuries,fitness)

Gibson, Fellaini, Osman, Barkley is a great starting point for the 3 midfield posistions to be battled for. Depending on formation and signings pienaar may be added to that too. Would much rather add to those players than selling fellaini. 1 or 2 additions needed but I don't believe we have to spend multi-millions, a 5-8M signing and a free/loan would surfice and leave us very sting there!

Lots of fans seriously over rate their players. Sunderland fans were valuing their keeper at 15 million before he went the RS.

The reason nobody has bought Fellaini for this supposed release clause fee is because people from other clubs don't think he is worth it, and I'd have to agree, I'd be sick if we spent over 20 million on Fellaini.

His 'release clause' isn't half unique as well. Fancy setting a specific date, two years in advance, half way through a contract and half way through a transfer window for a release clause to suddenly become invalid.

Lots of fans seriously over rate their players. Sunderland fans were valuing their keeper at 15 million before he went the RS.

The reason nobody has bought Fellaini for this supposed release clause fee is because people from other clubs don't think he is worth it, and I'd have to agree, I'd be sick if we spent over 20 million on Fellaini.

His 'release clause' isn't half unique as well. Fancy setting a specific date, two years in advance, half way through a contract and half way through a transfer window for a release clause to suddenly become invalid.

Mate Demba Ba had the same release clause for Newcastle, within the Summer transfer windows for something like the end of july. Not that ridiculous. It certainly makes sense, you're letting the player have a way out if he wishes whilst maintaining you dont get screwed over on deadline day?

I suspect it's more likely that the clause stipulates that the release fee only applies until two weeks before the end of each transfer window.

Mate Demba Ba had the same release clause for Newcastle, within the Summer transfer windows for something like the end of july. Not that ridiculous. It certainly makes sense, you're letting the player have a way out if he wishes whilst maintaining you dont get screwed over on deadline day?

It's the first I've heard of it. The supposed release clause is too much anyway. Anyone paying that money for a non creative midfielder who lacks the ability to track runners is getting had off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back