The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no money...but we're getting £25M more than we were last year and will do for the next few years.

Where's all the money going to?

How can it be that we're no better off team-wise than when we never had the extra annual £25M?

What is Bill Kenwright, Jon Woods and Robert Earl doing with all this money now?

Why are other clubs in the league spending their windfall on new players and our board aren't?

Yeah it seems terrible mate.

I would say that we're supposed to be getting the extra revenue at the END of this season, but then you look at all these clubs splashing money around - it makes you wonder.

The incremental TV cash is due for this coming season btw & not the one just passed, so this is not yet money in the bank (a fact that Dave keeps ignoring) & it's only the 9th July ffs.

It's a nonsense to suggest we couldn't attain finance for money which is practically guaranteed, the club has been doing so for years with the TV money already. The same situation applies to Swansea regarding the actual payments being received, but they're looking to spend.

We have no money...but we're getting £25M more than we were last year and will do for the next few years.

Where's all the money going to?

How can it be that we're no better off team-wise than when we never had the extra annual £25M?

What is Bill Kenwright, Jon Woods and Robert Earl doing with all this money now?

Why are other clubs in the league spending their windfall on new players and our board aren't?

I have posted eleswhere that the vibes coming out of suntan bob,s office is that debt reduction is in play and that means trying to reduce the pile by 5/10M each season with the new tv deal. Odds on that would be them clearing the debt "they" ran up and then sellling the club with an inflated price value based on the projected new TV deal. ,Meanwhile in the interim someone at Vibrac is seeing some tasty loan fees and intrest on the money paid back moving forward each season.

Win Win for the board and same old for the manager till they have cashed in.

It's a nonsense to suggest we couldn't attain finance for money which is practically guaranteed, the club has been doing so for years with the TV money already. The same situation applies to Swansea regarding the actual payments being received, but they're looking to spend.

Swansea have zero debt & have just consolidated their position in the PL, their cost base is far lower & therefore they can afford to splash some cash this summer. They're this seasons Hull City from a few years back, when Blues were moaning about them spending big. It happens regularly with relatively fresh PL sides.

I didn't say we couldn't borrow against future income, so not sure where your 'nonsense' comes from lad, but I do find it ironic that the likes of Dave are seemingly screaming for that course of action, when having spent years moaning about debt levels & short term funding costs........

Incidentally, how do you know that this hasn't already happened btw, given that we've just spent some actual cash, without having raised it from sales?

Every time Davek posts something about what the board is "doing with the money", I half expect him to pull out a 9/11 conspiracy theory video out of his rear end to back his views up.

The fact that other clubs are willing to splash borrowed money around doesn't mean that it's what we should be doing. There are many, many clubs that have spent huge amounts on players without achieving any tangible success and some have paid the price for stretching themselves too far, Portsmouth being a case in point.

I hear the word "ambition" bandied about a lot and usually what people mean is actually recklessness.

The simple truth of it is that without a Chelsea/PSG/Man City style takeover by a sugardaddy, no club in England will become a consistent top-4 challenger.

I have posted eleswhere that the vibes coming out of suntan bob,s office is that debt reduction is in play and that means trying to reduce the pile by 5/10M each season with the new tv deal. Odds on that would be them clearing the debt "they" ran up and then sellling the club with an inflated price value based on the projected new TV deal. ,Meanwhile in the interim someone at Vibrac is seeing some tasty loan fees and intrest on the money paid back moving forward each season.

Win Win for the board and same old for the manager till they have cashed in.

What 'vibes' are these mate?

Probably a stupid question, but have you got anything even remotely factual to back that statement up like?

It's a no from me.

Bosses some teams, badly average in others.

Rare to find a player who is going to be dominant in every game. Fair one, he could do with being a little more consistent, but at £3.5m well worth a punt. Would bring a different sort of athleticism to our midfield. Has worked with Roberto in the past so he knows what he is capable of.

The incremental TV cash is due for this coming season btw & not the one just passed, so this is not yet money in the bank (a fact that Dave keeps ignoring) & it's only the 9th July ffs.

£25M extra per season until 2016 guaranteed = money in the bank...and that total isn't diminishing too much, if at all, thereafter. The current board can wipe out all debt and still spend tens of millions on players in the near future on the strength of this current domestic and overseas deal as it is.

So: where's the evidence we're going to start competing with giants of the game like Norwich?

As I've said before: come the end of August I'm convinced we'll see a negative net spend. At that point surely even you will sit up and wonder what Messers Kenwright, Earl and Woods are doing with the millions pouring into this club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back