The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
£20 m. would be a good price for a 28 year old I agree.

I'm however thinking that someone like Baines would really thrive under the playing style of Martinez. Maybe he's thinking that under Moyes he will see more of the same dour defensive style, and he might not want that.

As opposed to how crap he was before Martinez got here? Really struggled didn't he, baines.

Purchase?
Well Robles is rumoured to be £600k, Moses and Deulofeu will be loans, Moses being a loan with a view to buy and Alcaraz is free. So there is absolutely nothing wrong with my logic.

I really don't get this whole obsession over Deulofeu. He will not be starting for us and is not good enough (as he is right now) to start for any team in the top 7. It would be an interesting move to use him as a back up but I would rather use Kennedy. It's a waste of money when we have someone like Matt Kennedy who plays the same type of position and to a certain extent, style as Deulofeu, develop our own as there is no chance we sign him on a permanent. If we were to go for a Barca fringe player I would much rather we go after Tello.

I really don't get this whole obsession over Deulofeu. He will not be starting for us and is not good enough (as he is right now) to start for any team in the top 7. It would be an interesting move to use him as a back up but I would rather use Kennedy. It's a waste of money when we have someone like Matt Kennedy who plays the same type of position and to a certain extent, style as Deulofeu, develop our own as there is no chance we sign him on a permanent. If we were to go for a Barca fringe player I would much rather we go after Tello.

I said the same last year about Lukaku and Anichebe, mate. Which is I'd rather bring through our own. I think it's easy to underestimate how good players can be and still not start reguarly for the elite clubs.

I said the same last year about Lukaku and Anichebe, mate. Which is I'd rather bring through our own. I think it's easy to underestimate how good players can be and still not start reguarly for the elite clubs.

Fair enough but I feel this is a different situation as Deulofeu was playing in the Barca B team. You will probably say that the Barca B team is full of talent and I would agree but I do not agree with the idea that Deulofeu, who didn't look all that impressive against kids his age in the u20 tourney, would be ready to set the premier league alight. Also, Anichebe was past what Kennedy is in years and much below Kennedy in terms of room to grow into a great player.

Purchase
a archaic : gain, acquire
b : to acquire (real estate) by means other than descent
c : to obtain by paying money or its equivalent :
d : to obtain by labor, danger, or sacrifice

No such thing as a free lunch, mate. Hence, logic.

ped·ant
/ˈpednt/
Noun
A person who is excessively concerned with minor details and rules or with displaying academic learning.

got tbh i dont mind us signing kone and seeing him as a short term thing - least hes our player.

Really dont want to just be loaning players with no view to buy.

Manny fernandes 1st time round was devastating.

Wage bills though.

That's our main expense. We can't really afford to buy loads of free players because the wages will cost a few million. Plus an extra few million for the agents (We paid them 3 million last year).

Now Moyes was on 65K and Neville on 50k so we do have some money to play with but Martinez, Alcaraz and Kone will probably be on that or more between them. Kone is rumoured to be on 50k isn't he?

Wage bills though.

That's our main expense. We can't really afford to buy loads of free players because the wages will cost a few million. Plus an extra few million for the agents (We paid them 3 million last year).

Now Moyes was on 65K and Neville on 50k so we do have some money to play with but Martinez, Alcaraz and Kone will probably be on that or more between them. Kone is rumoured to be on 50k isn't he?

I've heard £30k for Kone. No idea if true or not though!

i cant imagine wage bills would be a problem with the new money. Even IF they use the bulk of that money to put down the debt(which is already manageable and mostly long term), i would imagine those other players mentioned would probably wind up being slightly more than all the wages already offloaded with Moses easily being the biggest earner. Would have even more to spend if someone useless like Heitinga goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back