The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a 5-10 million pound loss to cover first, and we have just bought ourselves a 5million pound striker without selling anyone. The rest of the extra money is paid later and is dependant on league performance and TV appearances.

We need to sell Fellaini for big money if we want to see big incoming transfers, the problem is that nobody bloody wants him at a price that would make selling him worthwhile. Meaning we should keep him unless a 19 or 20 million pound bid comes in, which I can't see happening.

£25M extra per season until 2016 guaranteed = money in the bank...and that total isn't diminishing too much, if at all, thereafter. The current board can wipe out all debt and still spend tens of millions on players in the near future on the strength of this current domestic and overseas deal as it is.

So: where's the evidence we're going to start competing with giants of the game like Norwich?

As I've said before: come the end of August I'm convinced we'll see a negative net spend. At that point surely even you will sit up and wonder what Messers Kenwright, Earl and Woods are doing with the millions pouring into this club?

It's not money in the bank, it's guaranteed future income (for this season btw not until 2016, as our PL place isn't guaranteed & it's therefore not GFI).

You're getting pissy because they haven't (as far as we know) secured additional borrowing against it, to enable us to spend future income now & thus adding debt (& the cost of funding that debt) to the balance sheet.

I find the irony of you of all people moaning about them not securing additional debt hilarious tbh.

As for your last sentence, the accounts are there for all to see, if you suspect wrong doing contact HMRC mate.

Didn't he just run his contract down because of the wage cap at Wigan?

He never said he wouldn't sign a new contract I don't think. But wigan were sliding that year. They won only 3 of their first 24 league games with Diame starting.

And then Martinez changed around the team and diame was one of the players he dropped, when they went on that great run the end of that season and won 7 of their last 9, diame wasn't in the team. They won 11 league games that season and he only started in the first three, the other 8 he was on the bench for.

At which point there was contract negotiations and he left for west ham. It's possible Martinez fancies him but I would suspect not.

Last edited:

It's not money in the bank, it's guaranteed future income (for this season btw not until 2016, as our PL place isn't guaranteed & it's therefore not GFI).

You're getting pissy because they haven't (as far as we know) secured additional borrowing against it, to enable us to spend future income now & thus adding debt (& the cost of funding that debt) to the balance sheet.

I find the irony of you of all people moaning about them not securing additional debt hilarious tbh.

As for your last sentence, the accounts are there for all to see, if you suspect wrong doing contact HMRC mate.

But it is guaranteed. Anyone who thinks this squad, even stripped of Baines and Fellaini, could be relegated by the end of the new tv deal is being wildly unrealistic. That massive amount of money is there for us to dig into, and it can dug into at the same time as wiping out all but the securitization deal debt run up by Billy Liar (because that debt cant be squared off until 2027 or some such stupid frigging time agreed to by Billy Liar).

You're defending the indefensible.

By the same logic the TV money we've received since year dot hasn't been guaranteed, but the club have found no difficulty in getting advanced loans on that cash.

But it is guaranteed. Anyone who thinks this squad, even stripped of Baines and Fellaini, could be relegated by the end of the new tv deal is being wildly unrealistic. That massive amount of money is there for us to dig into, and it can dug into at the same time as wiping out all but the securitization deal debt run up by Billy Liar (because that debt cant be squared off until 2027 or some such stupid frigging time agreed to by Billy Liar).

You're defending the indefensible.

Financial funding & what happens on the pitch are 2 totally separate issues. The income beyond next season is not guaranteed & is therefore not fundable, as a financial institution aren't likely to accept the fact that Baines is boss, as collateral.

I'm not defending anything btw, as there's nothing to defend. I'm merely highlighting the hypocrisy of your particular stance on the issue, as you're advocating increased levels of short term costly debt. I will keep my powder dry until the 1st of Sept before I pass judgement mate.

Financial funding & what happens on the pitch are 2 totally separate issues. The income beyond next season is not guaranteed & is therefore not fundable, as a financial institution aren't likely to accept the fact that Baines is boss, as collateral.

I'm not defending anything btw, as there's nothing to defend. I'm merely highlighting the hypocrisy of your particular stance on the issue, as you're advocating increased levels of short term costly debt. I will keep my powder dry until the 1st of Sept before I pass judgement mate.

A loan against future income for a football team that has not finished outside the top 8 for about six years where the risk is that relegation would see us struggling to pay back the cash is an extremely small risk, in the grand scheme of things.

But you can't possibly know the income until the season is over, as finishing 20th would see you receive less money than finishing 6th. Yet the club still took that risk for years.

The bottom club was guaranteed £40m & they borrowed £12m against it, on an annually renewable loan.

Some of you are weird. There's angst all over the show because we hadn't signed anyone then when we do they're not good enough despite them not even pulling the shirt on.

Or they're not good enough because their stats are not as good as the Peruvian wonderkid who you scouted on FM/FIFA who won you the Champions League with Chesterfield in 2019.

The transfer window is barely open and won't be shut until seven weeks time. I'm sure Martinez is acutely aware that he has to make a good first impression and add to a squad which had some excellent players but struggled with depth last season.

We've just signed an international striker and defender of which the former showed he can do alright in the Premier League, maybe even better than the players we currently have in that position.

But we won't know until he's playing so at least do the sound thing and afford them and the manager some time to put it all together and play a number of games.

If we looked on another teams forum in the same scenario and saw some of these views we'd think they were bells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back