The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like before Moyes left everyone was banging about squad depth and another striker to challenge Jelavic. By my judgment we've had a nice start, although possible departures could change opinion. Getting the Barca kid on loan could help improve spirits, however, if that's really in talks.

wvsb61.jpg

The 2 signings from wigan appeared to be obvious at the start of the windowbut seemed to take an age to complete. Is this a good sign that the Honda rumour may be true, that we have enquired but it is taking time to finalise the finer details?

Kone- Scored the same number of league goals as Mata, Podolski, Tevez, Defoe, Giroud, Fletcher, Sturridge and Fellaini last season. How many of them could we have signed for £6.5m? He could be a decent addition.

Alcaraz- I've just read that Wigan kept 6 clean sheets in the 14 games he played last season. Only a 2 year deal though. It could be to do with his injury lay off last season or maybe he's seen as a stop gap while we make the transition with Heitinga and Distin being phased out for Lescott and Duffy?

Robles- I was expecting us to sign a veteran. I'm quite happy to have a Spain U21 'keeper though and someone who can develop, training with Tim Howard every day for the next couple of seasons. I'm not sure he's the safest pair of hands at the moment but he must have a lot of potential. Transfermarkt rate him at £2.6m, which seems quite cheap if true.

Martinez has talked about wanting a player for every 'unit' so, naturally we're expecting a midfielder next. If we did sign Moses for £8m from Chelsea where would he play? Other possibles include McCarthy, Honda, Fer, McGeady and Deulofeu.

Heitinga has to be nailed on to leave and I think there is still a question mark over Fellaini. If Martinez wants a left-footer at CB then Alcaraz will be third-choice, which could mean that we'd line up like this:

___________Howard
Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
Mirallas Fellaini Gibson Pienaar
________Kone Jelavic

(Joel, Alcaraz, Anichebe, Barkley, Osman, Oviedo, Naismith)

I think it's probably got better balance and guile than Moyes' side.

The 2 signings from wigan appeared to be obvious at the start of the windowbut seemed to take an age to complete. Is this a good sign that the Honda rumour may be true, that we have enquired but it is taking time to finalise the finer details?

to be fair we've been working 3 deals at once, 4 if we're actually talking with cska and Honda. This stuff takes time and major coordination from various people spread across Europe maybe the world considering all the tournaments going on.

Considering the deals for even just a single player like Paulinho take ages to do, I think we've worked very quickly.

Is Balague reliable? I always thought Graham Hunter was the best for barca news.

NO HE IS NOT. He said Arteta was signed and sealed to Athletico from us and i was gutted, then i realised he'd been on the sangria and spent to long in the sun the deluded wankhawk.

Hope he signs though.

If we get Deulofeu in on loan, Moses in loan to buy, then sell Heitinga and get in a CM, Fer or Diame, without losing Baines or Fellaini, that's a very good transfer window for us

Last edited:
Well done Martinez . I think he's got his 3 solid players in who he knows ready for Austria . He will then assess the squad and see what needs improving . Just get us Honda Moses/ barca kid and this team is going places .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back