The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get Deulofue in on loan, Moses in loan to buy, then sell Heitinga and get in a CM, Fer or Diame, without losing Baines or Fellaini, that's a very good transfer window for us

Impossible though surely, mate.

Don't forget we also shelled out £2m on Martinez as well. Adding the £5m on Kone, whatever the fee was for Robles, the agent's fee for Alcaraz and the various fees that we'd have to pay to get Deulofeu and Moses in, that's be a colossal net spend by our standards, not to mention our wage bill would increase a good bit.

If we then added a Fer/Diame to that, we'd be spending big and I'm pretty sure, even with masses of TV money on the way, that doesn't happen at Everton. I think the first five names would be our lot. It'd still be an immense haul though!

Impossible though surely, mate.

Don't forget we also shelled out £2m on Martinez as well. Adding the £5m on Kone, whatever the fee was for Robles, the agent's fee for Alcaraz and the various fees that we'd have to pay to get Deulofeu and Moses in, that's be a colossal net spend by our standards, not to mention our wage bill would increase a good bit.

If we then added a Fer/Diame to that, we'd be spending big and I'm pretty sure, even with masses of TV money on the way, that doesn't happen at Everton. I think the first five names would be our lot. It'd still be an immense haul though!

We never used to get transfers sorted early. We've bucked that trend I am hoping beyond a hope that we can stretch the Fer payments out now that they have time to sort a replacement out.

Well done Martinez . I think he's got his 3 solid players in who he knows ready for Austria . He will then assess the squad and see what needs improving . Just get us Honda Moses/ barca kid and this team is going places .

Agreed, I would hope he use the next week or so to gave a good look at the fringe players and assess whether they are good enough. We've added a couple of players familiar with the league and the manager who can come straight I.to the squad. Next job is to work out which areas need an improvement in terms of quality. For me if we can get another wide player I'd be very happy.

Last edited:
We never used to get transfers sorted early. We've bucked that trend I am hoping beyond a hope that we can stretch the Fer payments out now that they have time to sort a replacement out.
Think we can all safely forget about Fer now. According to reports over here, he is all set to become a Norwich player later this week. For a quoted price of €5m.

Twente chairman Munsterman was quoted as saying: "Looks like it's going to be finalised soon. The club(Norwich) know what they'll have to do. There doesn't seem to be a problem, but you never know with these clubs. Everton would be paying us £10m for him, but in the end that figure was down to £2m." Not really funny, but still had to grin reading it.

Think we can all safely forget about Fer now. According to reports over here, he is all set to become a Norwich player later this week. For a quoted price of €5m.

Twente chairman Munsterman was quoted as saying: "Looks like it's going to be finalised soon. The club(Norwich) know what they'll have to do. There doesn't seem to be a problem, but you never know with these clubs. Everton would be paying us £10m for him, but in the end that figure was down to £2m." Not really funny, but still had to grin reading it.

???????????????????????????????????

This may be an unfair question but how much would you expect Jordy Claise to go for if he did? €5m for Fer seems like a steal. I guess it's also worth asking how much you rate him. I haven't seen much of Feyernoord lately.

I'm fairly amused that two days ago everyone was devastated that we hadn't signed anyone and were taking so long in the transfer market.

Right now we can say beyond doubt that our squad is better than it was last season. If that is still the case (though hopefully it will be even better) by the time the season kicks off then I'm a happy blue.

Looks all rosy now but wait til Baines is sold at the last minute to fund these transfer deals.

This may be an unfair question but how much would you expect Jordy Claise to go for if he did? €5m for Fer seems like a steal. I guess it's also worth asking how much you rate him. I haven't seen much of Feyernoord lately.

Clasie is probably the player that confuses me the most in Dutch football. He's a very dynamic midfielder that keeps on going, but I'm also very worried by his actual size and his ability to cope with a much faster and physical extremely demanding league. Probably go for somewhere between £8m-£10m and to be quite frankly, I wouldn't want us to be the ones taking that risk on him.

Clasie is probably the player that confuses me the most in Dutch football. He's a very dynamic midfielder that keeps on going, but I'm also very worried by his actual size and his ability to cope with a much faster and physical extremely demanding league. Probably go for somewhere between £8m-£10m and to be quite frankly, I wouldn't want us to be the ones taking that risk on him.

Thanks for the info. Definitely wouldn't want to spend that kind of money on a prospect at this time. My white whale for a while will be Nacer Chadli, would rather we sign him permo than get Moses on loan.

Thanks for the info. Definitely wouldn't want to spend that kind of money on a prospect at this time. My white whale for a while will be Nacer Chadli, would rather we sign him permo than get Moses on loan.

Defo with you on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back