The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the club trying to get Liverpool to up their bid. If these bids are true, then more than likely spending money from an agreed sale of someone else.

Probably the club trying to get Liverpool to up their bid. If these bids are true, then more than likely spending money from an agreed sale of someone else.

Why does the money have to come from a sale. We supposedly had a finance package worth around 8 million in place for Fer in January and before that a loan deal for Ofoe. Add to that the TV money and the savings in wages on Mucha Neville and Hitzlsperger. So far we'ves spent a reported 5 million on Kone, 1.5 on Joel, and got Alcaraz for free as well as a kid on loan. 6.5 mill in transfer fees is hardly breaking the bank is it (less than the Fer deal). We could quite easily have the entirety of the tv money left before we'd have to sell to buy.

Why does the money have to come from a sale. We supposedly had a finance package worth around 8 million in place for Fer in January and before that a loan deal for Ofoe. Add to that the TV money and the savings in wages on Mucha Neville and Hitzlsperger. So far we'ves spent a reported 5 million on Kone, 1.5 on Joel, and got Alcaraz for free as well as a kid on loan. 6.5 mill in transfer fees is hardly breaking the bank is it (less than the Fer deal). We could quite easily have the entirety of the tv money left before we'd have to sell to buy.

Evertonians of the current age tend to assume the worst when it comes to finances. Truth is few of us has any clue how much Martnez has to spend before sales this summer. I reckon it´s somewhere between 10-15 million, and the amount he´ll get will be largely dependent on how good deals he manages to get (quality to price ratio) for the players he wants.

But of course, I don´t have a clue.

Mate, the recent EGM spoke volumes. Very little money I'm afraid.

I know that Caughtoffside are full of ****e but if we supposedly received £40m by selling Felli and Baines would anyone be more willing to let them go.

It would cost half roughly that figure to fully replace Baines, so no. He's not just the left back, he's also our first-choice free kick man, our first-choice penalty man and our number one supplier of assists from the left.

I would however accept anything over £25m for Felli UNLESS the bid came in too late for us to be able to replace him.

I know everyone is saying that Baines is vital because of his forward play but do you not think with the new and possible additions his attacking play might be more limited. We know Kevin does not do much tracking back, I can not see Gerard tracking back or Moses if we get him so Baines may mot have the oppertunity to get forward as much.

I know everyone is saying that Baines is vital because of his forward play but do you not think with the new and possible additions his attacking play might be more limited. We know Kevin does not do much tracking back, I can not see Gerard tracking back or Moses if we get him so Baines may mot have the oppertunity to get forward as much.

Martinez will give us a balanced side but i'm sure Baines will be encouraged to keep getting forward. It'll be the job of the holding midfielder and other players to cover when he goes forward, i'm sure we'll play 3 central midfielders if we go with Mirallas and 'Gerard' as opposed to just 2 holding players.

Baines will be as important as ever next season. With the new additions we'll have a more varied way of playing though as it was pretty obvious that at times if team's stopped Baines and Pienaar from playing then we'd struggle

Dat Jorghino would be perfect for them over the road.

jorginho.jpg

Look at the grid on that lid.

Agreed mate. I made a similar point in another thread - we can't replace Baines like for like but if we replace him with a solid left back, we can use the cash to replace his creative contribution by buying a creative ACM or a slotter and the overall impact could actually be positive for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back