The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Fellaini or Baines go, there will be money to spend

If they decide to stay, then the squad is looking pretty strong regardless. Gibson and Osman will probably get injured at some point though and Felli and Pienaar will probably get suspended, so an extra Mid Fielder wouldn't be the worst purchase we could make.

We can still promote from within as well, so it's not a catastrophe just yet (Hopefully not famous last words)

If Fer is available for less than 5m it'd be absolutely criminal not to be in for him.

Christ, 5m doesn't even buy you Jonjo Shelvey ffs. We should be selling Gueye / Naismith / Vellios and that'd pay for it right there and leave extra wages available.

Sort it!

Also, apparently that Belgian defender (the next Jan Verthongen if you believe some people) Alderweireld is on the verge of joining Norwich. NORWICH, ffs.

Van Wolkswinkel, Fer, Alderweireld... they'll be massively improved next season while we're signing players that don't even improve our starting XI.

This link says we're interested. But can't see it myself, especially with Alcaraz joining. That said Heitinga should go, Distin has arguably one season left... This guy is young, relatively cheap, a good player...

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...deal-in-principle-for-belgian-everton-wait-fo

SORT IT!

Also, apparently that Belgian defender (the next Jan Verthongen if you believe some people) Alderweireld is on the verge of joining Norwich. NORWICH, ffs.

Van Wolkswinkel, Fer, Alderweireld... they'll be massively improved next season while we're signing players that don't even improve our starting XI.

This link says we're interested. But can't see it myself, especially with Alcaraz joining. That said Heitinga should go, Distin has arguably one season left... This guy is young, relatively cheap, a good player...

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...deal-in-principle-for-belgian-everton-wait-fo

SORT IT!

Trust that Martinez knows what he's doing. He's made some very astute signings so far, and the transfer window doesn't close for several weeks yet. Wanting to sign players just because Norwich are linked with them is daft. If they were so good, they wouldn't be signing for Norwich.

Trust that Martinez knows what he's doing. He's made some very astute signings so far, and the transfer window doesn't close for several weeks yet. Wanting to sign players just because Norwich are linked with them is daft. If they were so good, they wouldn't be signing for Norwich.
Alderweild is a good player. The standard of the league is improving around us. Think we need to keep hold and hopefully bring in a marquee signing. I'm not sure if that's possible though.

that is absolutely right.
i have full confidense that Martinez has his own targets and will work to seal them. we shall see who they are. like mickey f said few posts ago Fellis departure would mean high profile targets, if he stays...then great. he is a monster. then martinez will probs sign bargains or loans....and we will have strong squad.

It doesn't work like that. If I say if the signings we made are so good, they would not play for the mighty Wigan last season. Do you see what I mean?

SORT IT!

I would not be surprised if we go for the above three players if Moyes is still here. We were linked with Fer and that Ajax defender for a long period.

Last edited:

Alderweild is a good player. The standard of the league is improving around us. Think we need to keep hold and hopefully bring in a marquee signing. I'm not sure if that's possible though.

He is, I've been impressed whenever I've watched him, but we don't need another centre back.

He is, I've been impressed whenever I've watched him, but we don't need another centre back.
Oh it's not something to get annoyed over particularly, I was acknowledging that Norwich where assembling a decent squad and we probably need a couple more in if we wish to push on and not get bogged down in midtable. Whether or not that is possible is another issue. I'd like to think we've got enough for a big signing or we can cash in and get two for the price of Fellaini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back