The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
agree mostly with that, but i wouldnt get rid of Jelavic, i still optimistically believe he has the minerals to come good. give him half a season with the new boss.

We still need a top class striker - I'd sacrifice Jelavic and Vellios if this would fund it - a central midfielder - Naismith can go - and ideally another wide player .

Then I think we would have a very well balanced squad and and capable of pushing for the top 4.

Assuming that we could ship out Heitinga , Jelavic , Vellios , Naismith and Gueye for say £12 million that should fund a quality striker. moses on loan with an agreed purchase price leaves Kenwright to find £5 million to fund the purchase of someone like Fer or Huddlestone.

A total investment ( admitedly in just transfer fees ) of under £12 million which should easilly be within our budget , safe in the knowledge that if we don,t make CL we can cash in on fellaini.

This should be the key to our spending, assets on the pitch should still be a part of any accounting and Fellaini will remain that for the next five years if we keep him. I think he will want to have a closer look at Velios, Jelavic and maybe even Gueye before offloading but think the other two will be shipped out, but again if you are sure that you can at least get rid of the wages of the other three if needed then spend it when you need to

from now till the end of deadline day im going to pray to the footballing gods every morning asking them to keep baines and felli at everton!

*prays

from now till the end of deadline day im going to pray to the footballing gods every morning asking them to keep baines and felli at everton!

*prays

the only downside to the transfers so far is that deadline day will be more about hoping there is no news from Goodison.

Huddlestone isnt good enough. I'm sure we can find better. Alternatively give one of our young lads a go when needed rather than waste money on someone like Huddlestone.

Sunderland will struggle next year under DiCanio

As I've mentioned lots, if we do sign him, and as in aware we are not linked, he'd have my support.

Roberto knows better than me.

Isn't 3 Wigan players enough though?

You run the risk of unbalancing the locker room and creating cliques if too many of them come over

We already have a similar player in Osman and we have players in the youth squad we can promote

Maybe save that money for January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back