The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, bad clueless wool view
0funnyohnoyoudidnt_2.gif

Sell Fellaini. Not Baines.
I would actually rather sell Fellaini than keep him now, obviously wants to leave, want nothing less than some half arsed sulkyness dragging down the optimism off the pitch and the team on it. I could be wrong, he could be a committed model professional throughout but I just have trouble believing that

I would actually rather sell Fellaini than keep him now, obviously wants to leave, want nothing less than some half arsed sulkyness dragging down the optimism off the pitch and the team on it. I could be wrong, he could be a committed model professional throughout but I just have trouble believing that

This will come as no surprise to anybody.

Ossie has "taken one for the team" most of his career. He's played wide left, right, deeper central, attacking central, sub, to his detriment at times. Very underated and unappreciated by a lot of blues IMO.

He's clearly excelled when playing central in a attacking role. Pace and a better shot and he would of been a world class player! Think the loosing possession stat is a bit miss-leading, especially comparing to McCarthy who rarely attacks the back line or attempts weaving his way into the box which is what ossie tries to do. It is very rare ossie loose possession in dangerous situations around our box, it's in the right areas tbh.

Does he?

I'd rather we didn't sell anyone now to be honest. The squad is looking pretty good, especially if we can get Moses in as well. Losing Fellaini or baines would weaken our first team without a doubt. We need to get baines signed up to a new contract though.

Fellaini's talent, belief and willingness to play for the team was one of main reasons we were pushing for fourth. just don't get this stuff about his attitude. most foreign players have a much more mercenary attitude because of a greater culture abroad for players being moved on quickly and a media who loves to push for that. His statements always make clear that he wants to stay here if we can come close to success. He is singled out because of his appearance and some of his supposed sulking wouldn't have been noticed if it had been a player with less noticeable appearance. Its also why he was singled out by the opposition, officials and the media, but wasn't hounded out of the league because he does knuckle down and play where he is asked

We still need a top class striker - I'd sacrifice Jelavic and Vellios if this would fund it - a central midfielder - Naismith can go - and ideally another wide player .

Then I think we would have a very well balanced squad and and capable of pushing for the top 4.

Assuming that we could ship out Heitinga , Jelavic , Vellios , Naismith and Gueye for say £12 million that should fund a quality striker. moses on loan with an agreed purchase price leaves Kenwright to find £5 million to fund the purchase of someone like Fer or Huddlestone.

A total investment ( admitedly in just transfer fees ) of under £12 million which should easilly be within our budget , safe in the knowledge that if we don,t make CL we can cash in on fellaini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back