The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a proper "defensive" midfielder - proper man crush on Pirlo. Pure class.

juventus-13-14-nike-away-football-shirt-a.jpg

He is not a defensive midfielder. He is deep lying playmaker.

Something of an art in Italian football, due to how good the defenses have been behind this position, plus 3 centre backs always helps.

Play Pirlo infront of 2 center backs, he would get bummed.

He is not a defensive midfielder. He is deep lying playmaker.

Something of an art in Italian football, due to how good the defenses have been behind this position, plus 3 centre backs always helps.

Play Pirlo infront of 2 center backs, he would get bummed.

Aye, if we imagine some magical wonderverse in which Pirlo plays for Everton, we would have to play Felli along side him, or perhaps Felli and Gibbo either side of him in a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3.

I wouldn't say it's 'worrying', but you're deffo right in that it needs addressing. A decent back up/squad player and we'd be right as rain.

I mean worrying as in if Fellaini is injured, we have NO ONE who can win the ball in midfield - which yeah I mean we do have people who can fill in but we should definitely have someone else who can win the ball.

I posted this about two months ago for the people who were against the idea of us bringing in McCarthy as people said he's crap an not good enough

Apps3638

Goals53

Assists22

Key Passes2736

Pass Suc%85.987.2

Dribbles Completed2827

Dispossessed5626

[TD="width: 86"] Leon Osman [/TD]
[TD="width: 86"] James McCarthy [/TD]

He is younger and was playing in a worse team than us but his stats from last season are on a par if not better than Osman's who people are saying is a good player, some of the same people who were saying McCarthy was not good enough for us! He might not be worth the money Wigan want for him but he's a good player like Osman (y)

He's turd mate. You can post this as often as you like it won't convince me.

Saying he's better than Leon Osman is hardly a glowing reference.

I mean worrying as in if Fellaini is injured, we have NO ONE who can win the ball in midfield - which yeah I mean we do have people who can fill in but we should definitely have someone else who can win the ball.

We strangely had a good record without fellani last season, playing 4-4-2 with Gibson and Osman in the centre. Gibson can be a ball winner cant he?

Aye, if we imagine some magical wonderverse in which Pirlo plays for Everton, we would have to play Felli along side him, or perhaps Felli and Gibbo either side of him in a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3.

People forget that for 7 years at Milan, Pirlo had Gattuso, Ambrosini and Seedorf around him. At Juve he has Marchisio, Pogba and Vidal around him.

And for the NT, has / had De Rossi and the likes behind him.

We will generally have to pay over the odds for British players (especially considering he can now be classed a a Championship player), which we can't afford to do... we also don't necessarily need British players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back