The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this about two months ago for the people who were against the idea of us bringing in McCarthy as people said he's crap an not good enough

Apps3638

Goals53

Assists22

Key Passes2736

Pass Suc%85.987.2

Dribbles Completed2827

Dispossessed5626

[TD="width: 86"] Leon Osman [/TD]
[TD="width: 86"] James McCarthy [/TD]

He is younger and was playing in a worse team than us but his stats from last season are on a par if not better than Osman's who people are saying is a good player, some of the same people who were saying McCarthy was not good enough for us! He might not be worth the money Wigan want for him but he's a good player like Osman (y)

Tom Cleverley is absolutely dog****. lets have it right.

been embarrased everytime he's played against a good midfield. Dreadful

Tom Cleverley is absolutely dog****. lets have it right.

been embarrassed everytime he's played against a good midfield. Dreadful

He must have been doing something right, if he was a regular starter in a team that sleepwalked to the title.

But then again No English team really has a quality midfield ATM (Not counting wigan)

On top form is something he rarely is. Yes, he does play a blinder every so often, usually against City, but other than that - he's more headless chicken than absolute hero.

Plus in defensive midfield you need strength, which he seems to have none of.

Typical English mentality - you don't have to have strength to be a modern defensive midfielder, its not the 70s anymore. A defensive midfield player should be uber comfortable with the ball, be able to dictate the pace of the game and read the game. I would even go as far to say that defensive midfielders are something of an oxymoron. EG Carrick is classed as a DM but most of Utd's creative play stems from him.

He must have been doing something right, if he was a regular starter in a team that sleepwalked to the title.

But then again No English team really has a quality midfield ATM (Not counting wigan)
I'd say both Chelsea and City have a quality midfield, but okay.

Also Man Utd's midfield is not so bad.

The closer Osman is to goal, the better. He was played out of position most of last season, imo, and did an admirable job.

Typical English mentality - you don't have to have strength to be a modern defensive midfielder, its not the 70s anymore. A defensive midfield player should be uber comfortable with the ball, be able to dictate the pace of the game and read the game. I would even go as far to say that defensive midfielders are something of an oxymoron. EG Carrick is classed as a DM but most of Utd's creative play stems from him.
I'm glad you'd think I'm English(-thinking? Whatevz) or something, and I don't mean sign up a brute. I mean he has no strength.

Carrick is not bulky, but you won't see him getting pushed off the ball so often, or at all, whereas Osman is pushed out of everything.

Here's a proper "defensive" midfielder - proper man crush on Pirlo. Pure class.

juventus-13-14-nike-away-football-shirt-a.jpg

Osman is good with the ball and fecking terrible without it he should be a bit part player if wewant to progress this season

Also the player in that picture can tackle and pass. Guess which one our good ol' Ossie can't do?

Plus it's all in the beard anyway.

Carrick is 5" taller than Osman, they play differently. Osman further forward, Carrick further back.

Why are we discussing how similar they are in a transfer rumours thread?

I posted this about two months ago for the people who were against the idea of us bringing in McCarthy as people said he's crap an not good enough

Apps3638

Goals53

Assists22

Key Passes2736

Pass Suc%85.987.2

Dribbles Completed2827

Dispossessed5626

[TD="width: 86"] Leon Osman [/TD]
[TD="width: 86"] James McCarthy [/TD]

He is younger and was playing in a worse team than us but his stats from last season are on a par if not better than Osman's who people are saying is a good player, some of the same people who were saying McCarthy was not good enough for us! He might not be worth the money Wigan want for him but he's a good player like Osman (y)

Very interesting this. It goes without saying that possession is key, and Osman is dispossessed quite a bit by that account. McCarthy would be a tad expensive though. I do like Osman, I think he has the ability to make a cracking play but with some of the additions to our squad that will bring some flair, we need those complimentary pieces to actually keep possession to allow the Mirallas's and Deulofeu's of the world opportunity to show that flair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back