The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Osman can do a poor job there. I think martinez will have his number quickly, and we'll hopefully see less of this thoroughly nice bloke but average footballer as a starter.

He's a decent player but not physically strong enough for that role IMO. It's worth remembering that he's been a part of every decent side that we've had in the last 10 years though.

Osman was asked to play more of a holding role for large stretches of last season. He was bullied a bit. His worth is in possession and running late into the box. He's a tidy player and I'm glad he's an option.

Osman was asked to play more of a holding role for large stretches of last season. He was bullied a bit. His worth is in possession and running late into the box. He's a tidy player and I'm glad he's an option.

Bingo, he's more suited to box-to-box or attacking play. Plus he had Neville as his parter in CM a lot last season, so let's give him a break.

Hes not my favourite player but hes nowhere near as bad as he gets made out to be on here. On top form hes a great player
On top form is something he rarely is. Yes, he does play a blinder every so often, usually against City, but other than that - he's more headless chicken than absolute hero.

Plus in defensive midfield you need strength, which he seems to have none of.

Moyes played him a lot last season. Dropped Gibson at times, moved Fellaini to attacking CM, ignored Barkley, to accomodate him. It's probably on that Moyes will be bidding to take him to Utd as a good squad option then isn't it lads ?

On top form is something he rarely is. Yes, he does play a blinder every so often, usually against City, but other than that - he's more headless chicken than absolute hero.

Which, by the way, doesn't mean I hate him or anything. Don't rate him as a defensive midfielder, is all.

Attacking one - yes, his strength is in possession (although he better start working on his dreadful shooting* this season ffs!); a bit average, but tricky and nice when there.

*I know, again - City, Larisa and all that, but how many times have we all said "OH FOR F*CKS SAKE OSMAN HIT THE TARGET" last few seasons? He usually tries to blast it in and skies it waaay off.

Negging and flagging this hate crime mate

In all fairness to Osman though, it should have been Fellaini in defensive midfield and Osman or Barkley in attacking.

Moyes played him a lot last season. Dropped Gibson at times, moved Fellaini to attacking CM, ignored Barkley, to accomodate him. It's probably on that Moyes will be bidding to take him to Utd as a good squad option then isn't it lads ?

He wouldn't have sorted out a contract extension for him if that was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back