The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
moyes won't let cleverley go, he loves those kind of hard-working, limited skilled players.

i think moses is one of those players who would absolutely thrive at a club with players like ours as opposed to being surounded by 20 world class stars. still think he did very well at chelsea when given the chance though. would be quality addition if true.

bit miffed by dempsey's transfer list if true, i don't rate him as a player, but he's just one of those who always scores. he did better than siggurdson and holtby last season. don't want him here though

I worry about you sometimes mate, If you think cleverly is just a hard working limited skilled footballer then you must set the bar very high.... The kid is going to a fantastic player..... You can vault me on that in two years time ha ha

Gibbo is hardly an attacking midfield maestro, plus Ozzie can play there. Not as worrying as some are letting on, plus Felli isn't your stereotypical enforcer or defence midfielder a la Makelele.

Oh I know that mate. I just think that we need a bigger squad. If we get some injuries or suspensions, there's no-one to play there.

Fellaini should be dropped deeper under Martinez. So that should alleviate some of the strain. But like I said, and injury or 2 and we're goosed.

If we went with 3 centre backs, a DMC's job becomes less defensive and more like a deep lying playmaker, and we have a few that I think could play that.

Gibbo is hardly an attacking midfield maestro, plus Ozzie can play there. Not as worrying as some are letting on, plus Felli isn't your stereotypical enforcer or defence midfielder a la Makelele.

...you stole my thunder, I agree that Gibson certainly comes into the defensive midfielder bracket.

Tom Cleverley??!?

Level with James McCarthy in terms of lameness for me.

Here's a question for all of you, would Tom Cleverley be in the England team if he didnt play for united?

And here's your answer. No he wouldn't.

Tom Cleverley??!?

Level with James McCarthy in terms of lameness for me.

Here's a question for all of you, would Tom Cleverley be in the England team if he didnt play for united?

And here's your answer. No he wouldn't.

.....I'm not a Cleverley fan but I thought Gibson was hopeless and he's proven me wrong. Bottom line is SAF is a better judge than me and has given Cleverley plenty of playing time so he must be decent.

It depends how Martinez wants to play. Moyes liked 2 deep cm. we only really have Fellaini and Gibson for that role but I suppose Osman can do a job there as well. If Martinez just wanted 1 deep cm then we might be fine with what we've got.

We need a creative midfielder, Cleverley is not creative enough.

Jeez, even James McCarthy created more chances than him last season in a poor team with poor players around him.

It depends how Martinez wants to play. Moyes liked 2 deep cm. we only really have Fellaini and Gibson for that role but I suppose Osman can do a job there as well. If Martinez just wanted 1 deep cm then we might be fine with what we've got.

Osman can do a poor job there. I think martinez will have his number quickly, and we'll hopefully see less of this thoroughly nice bloke but average footballer as a starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back