The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've mentioned lots, if we do sign him, and as in aware we are not linked, he'd have my support.

Roberto knows better than me.

I'm not his biggest fan or anything but I think he's a decent player with good potential.

I just can't bare the thought of Osman at CM ever again, either. He's terrible there 9 times out of 10.

Think everyone can agree that we need a defenseive midfielder I've a feeling old Trafford could come knocking now for fellaini as it seems there main target appears that he is on way to bayern... Can see moyes trying to include a player or two in any deal...

Think everyone can agree that we need a defenseive midfielder I've a feeling old Trafford could come knocking now for fellaini as it seems there main target appears that he is on way to bayern... Can see moyes trying to include a player or two in any deal...

Moyes wouldn't have to give us a reject... theirs a release clause, if that's activated its entirely down to the player.

I'm not his biggest fan or anything but I think he's a decent player with good potential.

I just can't bare the thought of Osman at CM ever again, either. He's terrible there 9 times out of 10.

I think ossie is a lot better in the centre. He's awful on the wings where he gets exposed cos of his lack of pace and spends more time falling over his abnormally big head

I think ossie is a lot better in the centre. He's awful on the wings where he gets exposed cos of his lack of pace and spends more time falling over his abnormally big head

For me he needs to be in a role behind the striker with two CMs behind him. He was something daft like the 2nd most dribbled past player in the league last season. He's got no defensive qualities whatsoever.

I know it's a bit left-field if you excuse the pun but if we were to lose Leighton Baines (I don't believe we will) then I'd go for Ali Adnan the lad who's been playing left back for Iraq in the under 20's.

I've been watching all their games since the England match as I was impressed with their style. He has been the stand-out player for them all tournament and is up there amongst the best overall.

He's big, strong, fast and brave. He has one hell of a left peg and his ball delivery has been outstanding. He has a great engine too. He seems to be a part of all of their best attacks yet he is always there to defend his goal when the ball is at the other end.
He takes free kicks too.

I reckon we'll end up seeing him starring in the Champions league for someone over the next few years.

And he'd cost a lot less than Luke Shaw who is only valued at £10m+ because he's British.

I know it's a bit left-field if you excuse the pun but if we were to lose Leighton Baines (I don't believe we will) then I'd go for Ali Adnan the lad who's been playing left back for Iraq in the under 20's.

I've been watching all their games since the England match as I was impressed with their style. He has been the stand-out player for them all tournament and is up there amongst the best overall.

He's big, strong, fast and brave. He has one hell of a left peg and his ball delivery has been outstanding. He has a great engine too. He seems to be a part of all of their best attacks yet he is always there to defend his goal when the ball is at the other end.
He takes free kicks too.

I reckon we'll end up seeing him starring in the Champions league for someone over the next few years.

And he'd cost a lot less than Luke Shaw who is only valued at £10m+ because he's British.

signed for Galatasaray last month, lid - at least according to his hilarious wikipedia:

Adnan is somewhat the Iraqi Ian Harte, a left-back with a ferocious set piece. He is a tall and physical but fast player, which lends well to Iraq’s counter-attack philosophy.[3]. Ali Adnan bursts from the back straight into the opposite half of the field with some sublime footworks propelling him to go past defenders and midfielders with ease. Always brimming with energy and full of athletism coupled with his unrivaled strength, opponents find it a tough task taming the wild and audacious left-back who is often than not, seen in the third half of the field entertaining viewers with dazzling skills and screamers from long ranges.

chico?

I posted this about two months ago for the people who were against the idea of us bringing in McCarthy as people said he's crap an not good enough

Apps3638

Goals53

Assists22

Key Passes2736

Pass Suc%85.987.2

Dribbles Completed2827

Dispossessed5626

[TD="width: 86"] Leon Osman [/TD]
[TD="width: 86"] James McCarthy [/TD]

He is younger and was playing in a worse team than us but his stats from last season are on a par if not better than Osman's who people are saying is a good player, some of the same people who were saying McCarthy was not good enough for us! He might not be worth the money Wigan want for him but he's a good player like Osman (y)

McCarthy's stats there are well better, the dispossession ones are crucial in centre mid.

Also, one stat not shown there is possession gained/opposition possession disrupted and I'm gussing the software hasn't shown this on this comparison as the Osman negative value threw it's workings out.

Good shout that, I was very impressed with him in the couple of games I saw of him in the under 20s.
Said to my Dad how rare it was to see a team rely so heavily on a left back for attacks at which point he reminded me of every one of our games last season!

Players like Osman, Cleverley, McCarthy or Ramsey (of which we've recently been linked with one way or another) will do nothing to take us to the next level. If you're going to look for central midfielders to advance us, swerve Britain, it's a wasteland of average, overhyped, statz orientated, overpriced midfielders. We need to be looking at players like Banega. Our ideal player would be someone like Dembele, obviously he's a million miles out of our league, but he's the kind of player we've been screaming out for over the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back