The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although Diame is decent, still not a neccassity unless Fellaini goes obviously.

A 'cultured' midfielder, someone to play the number 10 role is of more importance. In my opinion obviously.

I must be in the minority who thinks Diame is bang average.... Typical Allardyce player - big, physical but average in possession. Luckily, I think this is lazy journalism as he struggled to get into the Wigan team under Martinez

Although Diame is decent, still not a neccassity unless Fellaini goes obviously.

A 'cultured' midfielder, someone to play the number 10 role is of more importance. In my opinion obviously.

****ing bingo. I'd love a proper old fashioned #10 - lazy, temperamental, inconsistent and one of the best players around on his day.

I must be in the minority who thinks Diame is bang average.... Typical Allardyce player - big, physical but average in possession. Luckily, I think this is lazy journalism as he struggled to get into the Wigan team under Martinez

I agree.

He's an athlete but not a footballer.

Wasnt that over his contract issue?

Dunno.

Martinez rejigged the team that year, dropping diame and rodallega for the run in. That might be cos their contracts ran out that summer and he was worried about their motivations, or it might just be that wigan had won 4 league games all season with 28 played.

I mean wigan won 11 games that year, and diame only started the first 3. They did much better without him.

Typical Allardyce player - big, physical but average in possession.

Sorry mate, you couldn't be more wrong about that. He is actually very good with the ball AND he is big, physical, great engine on him. He is twice the player Osman is and at £3.5 million he would be an absolute steal.

Released by Wigan, was on the bench a bit for West Ham last year.

Not sure myself.

Released by choice mate, didn't want to stay at Wigan. And when he hasnt been injured he's pretty much been a regular for West Ham and done well at times aswell.

And as for Martinez not playing him, think it was for the reason that he was leaving so ended up blooding young McCarthy to take his place in side.

Released by choice mate, didn't want to stay at Wigan. And when he hasnt been injured he's pretty much been a regular for West Ham and done well at times aswell.

And as for Martinez not playing him, think it was for the reason that he was leaving so ended up blooding young McCarthy to take his place in side.

Hmmmm, you make valid points.

I did see him on the bench for one match, though, therefore IMO he's hardly played.

By the way lids, Luke Shaw'a just signed a 5 year contract extension if any of you talking about a potential Baines replacement are arsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back