The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already got him mate...Ross Barkley!!

As for diame, good player, very good player at times. Certainly not amazing and wouldn't be a guarantee starter....but if true 3.5M is a very good price for him.

spot on. He almost single-handed ripped the RS apart at their place, had he been wearing the royal blue that day he'd have been anointed for life.

3.5m is a good price for him but I'd rather have / have had Fer for 4.3m

Makes you wonder whether all that fuss from Twente about us wanting to restructure the payments in January was worth it.

Yes, they might have been annoyed at getting the money in dribs and drabs, but they would have eventually got 8 million as apposed to 4.3 from Norwich only a few months earlier.

Also makes you wonder if maybe Fer was overpriced in January?

spot on. He almost single-handed ripped the RS apart at their place, had he been wearing the royal blue that day he'd have been anointed for life.

3.5m is a good price for him but I'd rather have / have had Fer for 4.3m

This.

The only drawback with Diame will be his commitment to Senegal for the ACON, but if the £3.5m release clause is legit I'd regard that as a bargain. There is enough evidence that he can play at prem level and we need CM reinforcements to help manage Gibbo's inevitable injuries and Felli's yellow card collection.... put another way, If Kone for £5m is acceptable to most, Diame for £3.5m is clearly even more acceptable.

And he's 26, so resale value b)

One thing your all forgetting about Diame Is he is on a mega wonga contract will be our second highest payed player if we get him

50k rings a bell, but that might be what he is demanding from West Ham for a new contract without a release clause.

They signed him last summer on £30k pw. They offered him a new deal during the January window which was reportedly a 'double your money' offer, but they wanted the £3.5m release clause taking out. As far as I'm aware he never signed it.

Diame's alright, not we need, if we need anything in midfield and im not so sure, for me not as good as Mofro or Gibson for my money.

Surprised so many would cream over Diame but be reluctant on McCarthy - McCarthy is going to be twice the player.

Last edited:

Diame's alright, not we need for me not as good as Mofro or Gibson for my money.

Surprised so many would cream over Diame but be reluctant on McCarthy - McCarthy is going to be twice the player.

Apparently had a 78% tackle success and an 84% pass completion percentage last season and while he is praised for his defensive work he is great at breaking from deep when the opportunity arises. Had a higher tackle success than Yaya Toure last season and nearly twice as many 'successful dribbles'. Would bring some much needed strength and drive in the middle. With him and Fellaini we'd be really strong in the middle.

I like McCarthy but if it's a question of spending £10-15m on him or around £4m on Diame then there's only going to be one winner

Apparently had a 78% tackle success and an 84% pass completion percentage last season and while he is praised for his defensive work he is great at breaking from deep when the opportunity arises. Had a higher tackle success than Yaya Toure last season and nearly twice as many 'successful dribbles'. Would bring some much needed strength and drive in the middle. With him and Fellaini we'd be really strong in the middle.

I like McCarthy but if it's a question of spending £10-15m on him or around £4m on Diame then there's only going to be one winner

Which is a fair argument, ive just seen McCarthy a lot hes the highest quality midfielder ive seen certainly for Ireland since Keane, with bags more to come for me - now is the time before he ends up at a Utd or the like. In terms of nessescity and it depends on formation im not sure we need someone in the engine room. Its all about opinion, but was thinking to myself id much prefer a midfield of McCarthy and Barkley long term, then Diame and Barkley. If he has a 4 mill buy out thats sound, but really the expense is on wages in the long term - in any transfer - id say hes on a bit of wedge at WHU seeing hes on a free and with a buy out on the transfer fee - he will be looking for a high wage IMO - must have a boss agent.

iu2m0ie.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back