The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a wonder Wigan finished nearly 30 points behind us what with having by far the better keeper in Robles, the best ball playing centre back in Alcaraz, McCarthy dominating midfields and Kone being a top class striker. Add in a vastly superior manager in Martinez over Moyes and it is surely a miracle.

Or people vastly underestimate how good a team Moyes put together and got them playing.

I think you'll find Alcaraz missed a large part of the season through injury, and Robles only played 8 games. Kone scored more goals than any Everton player, and McCarthy had a good season, thats why theres a lot of interest in him from Prem clubs and why Whelan is looking for a big fee.

Kone and Jelavic dont seem like a balanced pair to me.

I'm assuming you've seen Bony and Altidore play last season? Both are 2ce the player of Kone.

For me, Jelavic with confidence is a killer in the box, while Koné is more technical and has got pace. I might be wrong but that's my image of the two.

Bony and Altidore might be twice the player of Koné. In the Eredivisie.

Eredivisie is essentially League 1. Someone who scored a lot of goals in that league was Beckford. He scored 10 goals for us his first season. Since he arrived on free, I wasn't bothered, but imagine spending £12M on such a player? Absolute madness if you ask me.

Any price tag over £5-6M for any Eredivisie player is a big no no. Take Eriksen for instance, if Ajax want the rumoured 22 million euros for Alderweireld and Eriksen combined, Eriksen would be around 15M euros! That's even more madness, for an extremely overrated player.

Last edited:
Heitinga is terrible I suggest any one who things he isn't watches highlights of villa at goodison or the Man Utd away game.
He can't deal with any half-decent striker.

It is a wonder Wigan finished nearly 30 points behind us what with having by far the better keeper in Robles, the best ball playing centre back in Alcaraz, McCarthy dominating midfields and Kone being a top class striker. Add in a vastly superior manager in Martinez over Moyes and it is surely a miracle.

Or people vastly underestimate how good a team Moyes put together and got them playing.

We finished top half consistently and won **** all. He completely bottled it against most of the elite clubs every season and had the worst Derby record of any long serving Everton manager.

Some people seem to want to bestow high status onto Moyes and forget the standards required for it at Everton. He was a decent manager who made some good signings and added discipline to a pretty ordinary series of teams to get respectable league positions. That's it. A very practical but limited manager. It's pretty depressing that there seems to be a legion out there of people like you who cant let go of that mediocrity and would prefer we'd retained it.

I was talking to a friend through the week who works for a big solicitors in town. He said they were working on a deal for Everton last week with Chelsea for Victor Moses, basically we had the finance in place but Chelsea wouldn't agree to the payment structure we offered. Like the papers have said the deal is pretty much dead in the water from what my friend understands. Looks like we are still in the market for the right player.

Sounds like us alright.

Houzeqvake has nailed it here like.

he's had two full seasons of being boss, and two full seasons of being poor, I guess Moyes did mess him around a lot but its a strange one, you cant tell me a CB who has marshalled a defence alongside a young kid in Duffy and a grim fullback in Hibbert so well is an appalling footballer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back