The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's been proven over the years that price doesn't nessesarialy reflect in success specially where strikers are concerned. I think kone could prove a shrewd bit of business. IMO kone will offer as much if not more than both bony and altidore and will score more than both.

So jelavic possibly wants out but yet turns up at a pre season friendly while he is on his holidays to watch the team? Ok then.

Oh and regarding jelavic, I've said all along I don't see him being here come January at the latest. He's not a Martinez type striker and tbh he's not that good anyway as last year proved. I honestly believe kone was signed as jelavic's replacement, which would hopefully mean if he's sold we may see another striker come in, maybe more of a No.10 type striker.

Shame it's very unlikely (this summer anyway) that we couldn't add Rooney to kone, Anichebe and those youngsters we have. That would be a perfectly balanced set of striking options.

so..... you'd get rid of Jelavic yet keep Vic instead..... ok mate x

So jelavic possibly wants out but yet turns up at a pre season friendly while he is on his holidays to watch the team? Ok then.

Is right, Jelavic wants what anyone would. Reassurances from his new boss that he is wanted, I believe Jelavic will be like a new signing again this season and expect him to repeat his performances from his first season under the tutelage of Martinez.

Is right, Jelavic wants what anyone would. Reassurances from his new boss that he is wanted, I believe Jelavic will be like a new signing again this season and expect him to repeat his performances from his first season under the tutelage of Martinez.
I agree and I hope you are right.

What I don't get though is why so many people think this might happen with Jelavic yet no one seems to think Heitinga might also recapture his form under Martinez.

I agree and I hope you are right.

What I don't get though is why so many people think this might happen with Jelavic yet no one seems to think Heitinga might also recapture his form under Martinez.

My own feeling on this is that Jelavic was asked to play in a way he had never been played before by Moyes if you get what I mean.... left alone in the box he will get you goals.... moyes had him running channels, coming short, chasing back....all good forward play..if it's your game....Jelavic is a predator type player in the box.....leave him in there to do what he does best. Heitinga on the other hand just doesn't want to be here.

Heitinga has far and away the best distribution skills of all our CBs. It may well be that Martinez gets a pleasant suprise and can rejuvenate him back to his player of the season standards. New manager, fresh start, new atititude - who knows?

Heitinga has far and away the best distribution skills of all our CBs. It may well be that Martinez gets a pleasant suprise and can rejuvenate him back to his player of the season standards. New manager, fresh start, new atititude - who knows?

Not a good idea if he hasn't signed a new contract. We can't let him walk for free next summer.

I was talking to a friend through the week who works for a big solicitors in town. He said they were working on a deal for Everton last week with Chelsea for Victor Moses, basically we had the finance in place but Chelsea wouldn't agree to the payment structure we offered. Like the papers have said the deal is pretty much dead in the water from what my friend understands. Looks like we are still in the market for the right player.

Best distribution skills apart from Alcaraz?

Best distribution skills apart from Alcaraz?

It is a wonder Wigan finished nearly 30 points behind us what with having by far the better keeper in Robles, the best ball playing centre back in Alcaraz, McCarthy dominating midfields and Kone being a top class striker. Add in a vastly superior manager in Martinez over Moyes and it is surely a miracle.

Or people vastly underestimate how good a team Moyes put together and got them playing.

It is a wonder Wigan finished nearly 30 points behind us what with having by far the better keeper in Robles, the best ball playing centre back in Alcaraz, McCarthy dominating midfields and Kone being a top class striker. Add in a vastly superior manager in Martinez over Moyes and it is surely a miracle.

Or people vastly underestimate how good a team Moyes put together and got them playing.
Stop talking sense

Alcaraz was injured for most of the season,Kone scored more goals than any Everton player and Wigan were relegated but only at the very end of the season,while winning the FA cup with a team that cost 8m.

And yes, I also think McCarthy is an excellent player and will get even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back