The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kone and Jelavic dont seem like a balanced pair to me.

I'm assuming you've seen Bony and Altidore play last season? Both are 2ce the player of Kone.

Bony also cost twice the player of Kone. And is also unproven in the Premiership.

Comes with a good pedigree.... but no guarantee he will be ace over here.

People need to knock this needless slating of Kone before he's even played a game on the head. It's ridiculous.

He's a lad on Twitter who is friendly with some of the Echo employees, such as Greg O'Keeffe and Tony Scott.

Apparently he posted a couple of things that he'd heard that didn't end up happening, therefore he is officially 'a right bad tit' according to a few people on here who dislike him.

He tweeted the other day that he'd heard Baines might be signing a new contract soon. Loads on here jumped on him and called him a liar.

6 hours later the basis of what Merro tweeted was actually in the Sunday People's website as part of their Baines story, but he's still 'a proper bad lying tit' though (according to some on here).

He's actually a pretty decent bloke and ordinary blue like, but that's apparently neither here nor there when everyone wants to demonise someone.

I reckon you are johnnymerro you know.

I'm assuming you've seen Bony and Altidore play last season? Both are 2ce the player of Kone.

You're really boring, yet again you're slating Kone before he's even kicked a ball for us.

Bony and Altidore have been hyped up while Kone in his first season in English football scored 12 goals for a team that got relegated.

Who knows what he might do when he's got better players/distribution round him ala Baines, Coleman etc..

If we sign anymore Wigan players I will lose all faith in Martinez. So far I'm giving him the benifit of the doubt with the 3 he has brought in. Joel I think is a good signing, alcaraz a useful squad member and kone is probably better than what we got without being the marque striker we had all hoped for.

Deulofeu is a great squad addition but you can't help but feel we havn't made any big improvements to our starting 11 yet. We need a couple of BIG signings. McCarthy is not one! He's a good player but far too expensive...

Norwich have signed very well IMO and are still trying to bring in very good players....
Come on bobby, where's this global market you spoke about!?!?!

Oh and regarding jelavic, I've said all along I don't see him being here come January at the latest. He's not a Martinez type striker and tbh he's not that good anyway as last year proved. I honestly believe kone was signed as jelavic's replacement, which would hopefully mean if he's sold we may see another striker come in, maybe more of a No.10 type striker.

Shame it's very unlikely (this summer anyway) that we couldn't add Rooney to kone, Anichebe and those youngsters we have. That would be a perfectly balanced set of striking options.

didn't altidore have a spell at Hull and was basically ****e. Or am i thinking of a different american.

Yeah 1 goal in 27 or something! Sunderland are gonna feel the di canio affect this season, looking at his signings so far there gonna be down the lower end. I'd put money on him being the first manager casualty!

Oh and regarding jelavic, I've said all along I don't see him being here come January at the latest. He's not a Martinez type striker and tbh he's not that good anyway as last year proved. I honestly believe kone was signed as jelavic's replacement, which would hopefully mean if he's sold we may see another striker come in, maybe more of a No.10 type striker.

Shame it's very unlikely (this summer anyway) that we couldn't add Rooney to kone, Anichebe and those youngsters we have. That would be a perfectly balanced set of striking options.

Dont think we were ever likely to get Rooney...his wages and aspiration is way too much for us. Especially wages.

Yeah 1 goal in 27 or something! Sunderland are gonna feel the di canio affect this season, looking at his signings so far there gonna be down the lower end. I'd put money on him being the first manager casualty!
He was a teenager trying to make a career for himself in a different country so a little unfair to judge him on that. Let's see what the lad can do this season, I've a hunch he'll do pretty well and score at least 10. Well see.

Altidore is not 'twice' the player of Kone. Infact, i bet Kone scores more than both of them this season.

You cant judge any striker and claim him to be anything in the prem until hes proven it.

Kone got 11 in the prem last season, think im right in saying 13 in all?

So thats better than what we had and for £5/6M we know he can do it. With our better quality squad creating more chances im expecting at least 15 tbh.

Id genuinely rather have him than altidore. Bony is a big gamble for Swansea at £12M. Michu cost them £2M and i expect him to outscore Bony this season. That dutch league is basically ****e.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back