The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things:

1) We won't spend that much on McCarthy - good player, though.

2) Obafemi Martins had the exact same goal scoring record for two consecutive clubs (28 in 88 for Inter then Newcastle). Mad that.

Have we been linked with Martins or something? God no. he's not only past it now but he also has his previous shirts built into his dining room chairs.

BO1amx8CQAAOV9X.png

If spurs do sign McCarthy are they going to play a 1 and 10 across the middle of the park honestly do they need anymore... I'd personally sign McCarthy, not for the money been mentioned but what about a approach for holtby or sigursson from spurs?? Of course think whatever happens depends on the fellaini situation. My big fear is that he is sold late in window and we have no time to get in replacement

Really don't think he's in for McCarthy

IMO, when the cash is freed up from a sale Martinez will be in for him. I cant see McCarthy staying in the Championship - no chance - he's going somewhere in the PL; Spurs would be a ridiculous move for him because it's a midfielder's graveyard; Everton on the other hand are a club with a manager who covets him and where he has three ex-teammates already to make the transition easier, and it's exactly the step up in level he needs. If we keep hold of Fellaini I cant see it happening, but if we sell him I'd be very surprised if he didn't make a big push for McCarthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back