The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, cos he wouldnt cost 15m.

Well yeah obviously and I am in no way happy if we equalled our record transfer fee on the lad, if we go into double figures we've been done by Whelan but having said that how often have the press been off with the fees for players we've bought. Half of them still think Oviedo cost us 4m

I've been made aware that he played alright against us twice.

It's the other 36 games I worry about.

And £15m not that much?!
Oh yeah, we're loaded.

Haha I think you're taking this vendetta too far. He was saying, as I read it, that he is not worth 15m ... as in, 15m?! he's not worth that much. I agree that we could find better and Banega would be a decent option but is injury prone. If we are selling Felli then I say buy Matic from Benfica and if there is enough left from that to get j mac or someone who plays through the middle that is a creative link between units then thats the course of action.

I think Martinez has made a really promising start, getting a few of his old favourites in the positions we needed and Deulofeu the sort of icing on the cake. I'm definitely expecting another signing and hopefully no sales, so it will be interesting to see who he spends actual money on (when not shopping in Wigan).
Moyes did very well with mirallas, fellaini etc and Martinez needs one of these 'marque' type of signings to really lift the players, push us on and help him be successful.
I reckon we'll get a good midfielder but probably right at the end of the window.

No bother...probably didn't express myself that well after a skinful...! But yeah, McCarthy at 15m? No chance.

Wigan-chairman-Dave-Whela-007.jpg

I think Martinez has made a really promising start, getting a few of his old favourites in the positions we needed and Deulofeu the sort of icing on the cake. I'm definitely expecting another signing and hopefully no sales, so it will be interesting to see who he spends actual money on (when not shopping in Wigan).
Moyes did very well with mirallas, fellaini etc and Martinez needs one of these 'marque' type of signings to really lift the players, push us on and help him be successful.
I reckon we'll get a good midfielder but probably right at the end of the window.

We're getting Paul Scholes, aren't we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back