Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GK
Howard & Robles: Well covered with Howard's experience and Robles if didn't went 6 months to Wigan but came here directly from Atletico, the fans were going to get very excited about it. We don't need to buy any GK

RB
Coleman was brilliant last season and will only get better, made the position his own and Hibbert with all the experience is a good cover, Stones as 3rd choice makes also the RB position 100% covered. We don't need to buy any RB

LB
Baines, one of the best in the World, Oviedo as very good backup and Garbutt as 3rd choice. We don't need to buy any LB

CD
Jagielka, team captain and England regular, Distin's age is a worry but showing no signs of it, Heitinga as backup if he stayed along with Alcaraz, Duffy makes them 5 CDs, (with M. Kone stories) we don't need to buy any CDs unless Heitinga is sold, and if he is sold, his replacement won't be someone who will come and displace our first choice CDs, unless we want to spend 10M, which we don't need anyway.

RM
Mirallas, not sure if it's his natural/1st choice position, but played there most of last season and looked perfect, Pienaar can play there too, along with Deulofeu, Naismith, Osman, Coleman, Barkley and even Gueye, all played in that position. From Mirallas to Gueye, none of them are 100% RMs but if we signed a RM, where will Mirallas play? I even read that Kone played there for Wigan, so as much we don't have an Orthodox RM/W, its an area well covered and if Mirallas will play there, perfect

LM
Obviously the first choice is Pienaar but Deulofeu and Oviedo will provide great competition, Mirallas and Gueye can play there too, so no need to sign a LM

CM
Fellaini, Gibson and Osman + Barkley with the backups being Junior and maybe Lundstram makes this area short in numbers, we all agree about the "short" but the question is "is it only short in numbers or weak too?" We need backup or first team regulars? Do we need to buy a creative midfielder (will cost at least +10M) or give Barkley the chance? Will we play 2 in midfield and 2 upfront or 3 in midfield and 1 striker? If Fellaini stays, along with Gibson, Osman and Barkley we are good, I personally think we should give Barkley the chance, at least till January. Backup needed

Strikers
Kone, Jelavic, Anichebe, Vellios, with Deulofeu and Mirallas who can play there and McAleny as exiting youngster, do we need another striker? Maybe Kone, Jelavic, Anichebe and Vellios are not world class, but Martinez bought Kone and I persoanly expect him to surprise alot of people, we won't be buying any strikers unless Jelavic is sold, even if he was sold, Martinez might spend the money on another position.

My starting eleven and bench

---------Howard/Robles---------
Coleman--Jagielka--Distin--Baines
---------Gibson--Fellaini---------
Mirallas------------------Pienaar
---------Kone--Deulofeu---------

Bench: Howard/Robles, Oviedo, Alcaraz, Osman, Barkley, Jelavic, Anichebe
Backup: Hibbert, Stones, Garbutt, Heitinga, Duffy, Naismith, Gueye, Junior, Lundstram, Vellios and McAleny

In total: 29 players

So if we did sell Jelavic, would we need another striker or is Vellios going to be a genuine squad contender under Martinez? Or perhaps Mirallas might get some game time up top...

Tbh I hope this true. I was concerned thinking we'd be going into the season with kone jelavic vic and maybe a youngster (vellios).
Hopefully a jelavic sale (6M ish) put together with some money we MUST have in the kitty, will provide us with that No.10/striker we need.

I know people think jelavic may come good again but the reality is he's not a Martinez type striker. He's not a good option from the bench and clearly kone was signed as his replacement. Think he'd do we'll at somewhere like hamburg as it goes. If it leaves us in a position to spend some good money on a replacement that offers more then so be it. Good ruthless management, I like it...(depending on the replacement tho)

Tbh I hope this true. I was concerned thinking we'd be going into the season with kone jelavic vic and maybe a youngster (vellios).
Hopefully a jelavic sale (6M ish) put together with some money we MUST have in the kitty, will provide us with that No.10/striker we need.

I know people think jelavic may come good again but the reality is he's not a Martinez type striker. He's not a good option from the bench and clearly kone was signed as his replacement. Think he'd do we'll at somewhere like hamburg as it goes. If it leaves us in a position to spend some good money on a replacement that offers more then so be it. Good ruthless management, I like it...(depending on the replacement tho)

Looked like a world beater when he arrived for 12 games or so, which surprised me. Last season he looked like he,d stumbled onto the pitch from the stands - chronic. If money of that magnitude comes in for him it'd be a dereliction of duty to turn it down and take the chance he reverts back.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...lavic-targeted-Hamburg.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Hamburg move for £6m Everton striker Jelavic with Martinez set to prefer Kone

Hamburg are launching a £6million bid for Everton striker Nikica Jelavic.
The Croatian, 27, made a spectacular start to his Everton career when he scored 11 goals in his first 16 games but last season struggled for form and new manager Roberto Martinez has signed Aroune Kone from Wigan.
Hamburg sporting director Oliver Kreutz said: 'We are dealing with it.'

article-2372753-1834023F000005DC-424_634x407.jpg

Everton, meanwhile, are considering an £850,000 bid for 19-year-old French centre-back Mory Kone.
The Paris-born defender plays for Le Mans in the French second division but has represented Ivory Coast at the U17 World Cup and France at U19 level. Manager Roberto Martinez wants cover with John Heitinga attracting attention from clubs in Turkey.

article-2372753-1AD05D4F000005DC-667_306x423.jpg
article-2372753-1AB75C96000005DC-331_306x423.jpg

Like you mentioned mate right at the end though, depends on the replacement so who could we get for maybe 6.5m? Tough one, ****e last season but still got into certain positions where his natural instinct is a great goal poacher. Off the top of my head, Southampton away, Spurs home ( before he bagged the winner had a great header which smashed off the underside of the bar ), Chelsea at home ( missed same chance as he did against Southampton away ). Can he find his mojo again and start banging the goals in? Imo I would keep him and see how the first half of the season goes under a new manager.

That's it, Bill!

We'll get our second choice striker out the door for 6m and sign a teenager from France for a million. The rest can go to the board.

I'll be sad to see Jela go, he gained insta-cult-hero status but failed to prduce this season which cost us a lot.

As much as I wanna see him rediscover his form, if we get offered 6+ mil I'm afraid we might have to take it.

If we got Heitinga and Jelavic out and replaced them and kept who we have now, that'd be a decent transfer window. Not ideal, but pretty acceptable.

He did well start of last season, just after injury troubles began. I think we can have him back at his best hopefully :) Just needs confidence.

Also, I would welcome Bily with open arms, loved the man

He did well start of last season, just after injury troubles began. I think we can have him back at his best hopefully :) Just needs confidence.

Also, I would welcome Bily with open arms, loved the man

...Oh my

Well I respect you for knowing what a contentious statement that would be, and saying it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back