Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GK
Howard & Robles: Well covered with Howard's experience and Robles if didn't went 6 months to Wigan but came here directly from Atletico, the fans were going to get very excited about it. We don't need to buy any GK

RB
Coleman was brilliant last season and will only get better, made the position his own and Hibbert with all the experience is a good cover, Stones as 3rd choice makes also the RB position 100% covered. We don't need to buy any RB

LB
Baines, one of the best in the World, Oviedo as very good backup and Garbutt as 3rd choice. We don't need to buy any LB

CD
Jagielka, team captain and England regular, Distin's age is a worry but showing no signs of it, Heitinga as backup if he stayed along with Alcaraz, Duffy makes them 5 CDs, (with M. Kone stories) we don't need to buy any CDs unless Heitinga is sold, and if he is sold, his replacement won't be someone who will come and displace our first choice CDs, unless we want to spend 10M, which we don't need anyway.

RM
Mirallas, not sure if it's his natural/1st choice position, but played there most of last season and looked perfect, Pienaar can play there too, along with Deulofeu, Naismith, Osman, Coleman, Barkley and even Gueye, all played in that position. From Mirallas to Gueye, none of them are 100% RMs but if we signed a RM, where will Mirallas play? I even read that Kone played there for Wigan, so as much we don't have an Orthodox RM/W, its an area well covered and if Mirallas will play there, perfect

LM
Obviously the first choice is Pienaar but Deulofeu and Oviedo will provide great competition, Mirallas and Gueye can play there too, so no need to sign a LM

CM
Fellaini, Gibson and Osman + Barkley with the backups being Junior and maybe Lundstram makes this area short in numbers, we all agree about the "short" but the question is "is it only short in numbers or weak too?" We need backup or first team regulars? Do we need to buy a creative midfielder (will cost at least +10M) or give Barkley the chance? Will we play 2 in midfield and 2 upfront or 3 in midfield and 1 striker? If Fellaini stays, along with Gibson, Osman and Barkley we are good, I personally think we should give Barkley the chance, at least till January. Backup needed

Strikers
Kone, Jelavic, Anichebe, Vellios, with Deulofeu and Mirallas who can play there and McAleny as exiting youngster, do we need another striker? Maybe Kone, Jelavic, Anichebe and Vellios are not world class, but Martinez bought Kone and I persoanly expect him to surprise alot of people, we won't be buying any strikers unless Jelavic is sold, even if he was sold, Martinez might spend the money on another position.

My starting eleven and bench

---------Howard/Robles---------
Coleman--Jagielka--Distin--Baines
---------Gibson--Fellaini---------
Mirallas------------------Pienaar
---------Kone--Deulofeu---------

Bench: Howard/Robles, Oviedo, Alcaraz, Osman, Barkley, Jelavic, Anichebe
Backup: Hibbert, Stones, Garbutt, Heitinga, Duffy, Naismith, Gueye, Junior, Lundstram, Vellios and McAleny

In total: 29 players

Some good points made there mate.

RW/LW - I'd say the wings still need looking at. For a start I'd say mirallas strongest posistion is LWF. He played RW last season because we had no other option there and pienaar was occupying the LW role. Naismith and Guaye are not good enough and should be moved on or in Naismiths's case maybe even loaned out. I'd say are only realistic options are pienaar mirallas and the young kid Deulofeu. With Deulofeu only being a loan and young, pienaar's ability to play central and mirallas's best coming from the left, I'd say we need 1 more, who's strongest posistion is on the right. I'd still gladly have Donovan here to add to our wing options.

CM - Its a tricky one here as we're not sure of Martinez tactics. I'd expect him to go mainly how we set up against accrington with 2 CM players Gibson and Fellaini in a 4-2-3-1, but what if an injury? Would he switch to 1 DCM and 2 CM? A 4-3-3 or would he want to like moyes keep the same formation and replace a player to do the same job....hard to tell with him tbh but could well make the difference of what we need. Think a back up player to fill in for Fellaini and Gibson is essential, osman can but after that your down to lundstrum and Jnr, don't think there ready yet. Barkley will be important this year and him ossie and pienaar I think between them can fill the No.10 role from a midfielders point of view. What I'd like to see is jelavic sold and a different type of No.10 bought (A Rooney type) capable of playing No.10 with a strikers instinct but also capable of playing up top as the lone striker.

If we get offered £6m for Jelavic we'll be pissing ourselves to the bank. Never have so many been so hopelessly wrong about a player, even if he did look the bees knees at first. That second half of the 11/12 season should forever be the definition of "honeymoon period" for a footballer.

Jelavic out £6 mil
heitinga out: £2 mil

Moses in £8 mil
CM in- remaining transfer budget

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

Gibson Felliani ?????

Moses Kone Mirallas

top class that with Osman, pienaar, deulfeou, anichebe, alcaraz, naismith, robles being a strong bench

Jelavic out £6 mil
heitinga out: £2 mil

Moses in £8 mil
CM in- remaining transfer budget

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

Gibson Felliani ?????

Moses Kone Mirallas

top class that with Osman, pienaar, deulfeou, anichebe, alcaraz, naismith, robles being a strong bench

Think the Moses thing might be dead in the water mate. Shame really, I thought he was just what we needed. A right winger to move Kevin inside and finish the midfield. Ah well...

Think the Moses thing might be dead in the water mate. Shame really, I thought he was just what we needed. A right winger to move Kevin inside and finish the midfield. Ah well...

think it only went dead as they want cash whilst we wanted to do a loan but you never know if jela goes RM may go back in for him. I cant see him getting a game at Chelsea and at 22 would be a great buy can only get better as a player.

He's not terrible, his game is just too one-dimensional. He'll flourish in other leagues, he just got found out here. Shame, he's a likeable guy (aside from his theatrical moments).

He is a very good slotter when he's in a purple patch. He could yet find form for us, who knows. However, he is, unfortunately, an absolute abomination of a footballer. If he had pace, he could have made the lone role work without many goals, but he doesn't and his touch, passing, strength, holding up abilities and vision let him down where other players such as Saha (circa 09) excelled despite lacking great pace as they had genuine football skills of value to the team even when they weren't scoring.

think it only went dead as they want cash whilst we wanted to do a loan but you never know if jela goes RM may go back in for him. I cant see him getting a game at Chelsea and at 22 would be a great buy can only get better as a player.

I agree. If we could sell Jelavic and bring him in for only the loss of £2-3m, we've done a sterling bit of business, although we'd still need another striker.

I agree. If we could sell Jelavic and bring him in for only the loss of £2-3m, we've done a sterling bit of business, although we'd still need another striker.

providing RM plays a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 I think we would be fine for this season with just kone and chebe as if theirs any injuries Mirallas or moses could be moved up top with pienaar/deulfou coming in to replace them on the wings.

jelavic

Too many rose tin ted glass wearers around when it comes to jelavich. I like the guy but not the footballer. He is unrelenting rubbish I am sorry to say and MUST be sold (at any price)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back