Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1365491112_197990300_2-Thread-Solutions-Mobile-Service-Roadside-Assistance-Cape-Town.jpg

:lol:

2aiplvr.jpg

With spurs signing yet another midfielder would anyone go for holtby or sigursson? How many midfielders do they honestly need
I don't know, I heard Holtby is a fan but I like Sigursson's style of play.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be against selling Jelavic, even though I would much rather see how he fits in Roberto's style of play first, but if he did go for the reported 6 Mill who do we replace him with. Even if its not with another striker, who could we bring to improve our squad for that amount plus whatever money we got left.

Agreed I can't believe some of the garbage written on here, I'd be happy to keep him and hopefully he will turn his form around under RM. But if he's sold we must replace him with another striker, not some of the names mentioned on here tho such as Moses an Sinclair, no thanks 2 young players who think there better than they actually are.

Anyone who thinks we can get away with Kone, Chebe's and Vellios as a strikeforce next season is deluded.

Whilst I agree if sold we need to bring in a replacement striker for him, I think it's utter tosh that you think jelavic will come good! Lets get this right, whilst he was unknown and slotting when he first came you could plainly see the rest of his game was abismal. He was still falling over, offside, couldn't control the ball properly or bring others into play. It didn't seem to matter because he was slotting! His all round play was ignored because he was slotting. It was a matter of time until the goals dried up a little, once they did what does he offer? Very little....RM is not gonna get the best out of him because he doesn't have the ability or attributes RM looks for in a striker! That's why he's signed kone!

Jelavic on form is a great finisher, after that he offers little. Out of form he's a liability! Roberto will sell him, that IMO has been obvious since kone signed who was clearly his replacement, and IMO is absolutely the correct decision. We're back to square 1 tho as in we still need another striker, a quality one capable of playing lone striker or off a front man (No.10 type)

Whilst I agree if sold we need to bring in a replacement striker for him, I think it's utter tosh that you think jelavic will come good! Lets get this right, whilst he was unknown and slotting when he first came you could plainly see the rest of his game was abismal. He was still falling over, offside, couldn't control the ball properly or bring others into play. It didn't seem to matter because he was slotting! His all round play was ignored because he was slotting. It was a matter of time until the goals dried up a little, once they did what does he offer? Very little....RM is not gonna get the best out of him because he doesn't have the ability or attributes RM looks for in a striker! That's why he's signed kone!

Jelavic on form is a great finisher, after that he offers little. Out of form he's a liability! Roberto will sell him, that IMO has been obvious since kone signed who was clearly his replacement, and IMO is absolutely the correct decision. We're back to square 1 tho as in we still need another striker, a quality one capable of playing lone striker or off a front man (No.10 type)

Call me old fashioned but I want my forwards to score goals, there's a load of **** being spoken about Jela's 'all round play' imo, he's no Messi, but his job is to get on the end of things not be a creator.

When he arrived he was scoring goals for fun & was the most natural goalscorer I'd seen at Goodison for a long, long time. Last season he had a year to forget, his confidence dipped & the 1 touch finishes that were his trademark deserted him. It doesn't mean he's not more than capable of finding his form again.

If the subject of Jela's departure was being discussed last summer, we'd have put him in the £20m category, now we have those who would see him pushed put the door for £6m! Crazy, as £6m buys you little in terms of a PL striker & we can't rely on Kone & Victor ffs.

Call me old fashioned but I want my forwards to score goals, there's a load of **** being spoken about Jela's 'all round play' imo, he's no Messi, but his job is to get on the end of things not be a creator.

When he arrived he was scoring goals for fun & was the most natural goalscorer I'd seen at Goodison for a long, long time. Last season he had a year to forget, his confidence dipped & the 1 touch finishes that were his trademark deserted him. It doesn't mean he's not more than capable of finding his form again.

If the subject of Jela's departure was being discussed last summer, we'd have put him in the £20m category, now we have those who would see him pushed put the door for £6m! Crazy, as £6m buys you little in terms of a PL striker & we can't rely on Kone & Victor ffs.

Well said pal.

Martinez will hopefully keep Jelavic and give him ample opportunities to rediscover his form before the January window. Even if he DOESN'T get back to the level of his first few months here, we'll still get more for him in January from some club desperate to sign a goalscorer to keep them in the prem, or a newly-appointed manager looking to make his mark on an inherited squad.

Personally I would like to see him start up front in a 4-2-3-1, with Pienaar (LW) Mirallas (AM) and Kone (RW) as the three behind him, allowing Mirallas and Pienaar to constantly switch back and forth; Kone can move up front and Mirallas to the right to make a more orthodox 4-4-2 at times.

Strikers tend to be valued on their most recent form. £6M would be acceptable given the rest of his game isn't that great. A club coming in for him would be taking a gamble he finds goalscoring form.

With regard to jelavic I think alot will depend on himself and how he reacts tothe news of the possible bid for him. I have to agree if he is sold then we need a proper number 9 ...Wouldn't mind Hernandez but couldn't see the ginger one letting him go... And for 6 million would there be much choice??

If 6mil is a figure being bandied about by people on here, I'd rather keep him and see if he comes good. Firstly, imagine relying on Kone and Anichebe ffs. Secondly, we won't be spending the 6mil if he went.

Jelavic will be looking to get guaranteed starting position given it's the last season prior to the WC. He's not going to stick around as Kone's #2.

On the fee: we got £2.5M for Beckford, who probably had more about his all round game than Jelavic.

An out of sorts striker with not much else beyond showing flashes of form knocking them in: we have to be realistic. Hopefully he goes for nearer £8M, but £6M would be understandable (and we really dont know what Everton paid for him in the first place which could also make the acceptance of a seemingly low ball figure acceptable to the club ).

Jelavic will be looking to get guaranteed starting position given it's the last season prior to the WC. He's not going to stick around as Kone's #2.

On the fee: we got £2.5M for Beckford, who probably had more about his all round game than Jelavic.

An out of sorts striker with not much else beyond showing flashes of form knocking them in: we have to be realistic. Hopefully he goes for nearer £8M, but £6M would be understandable (and we really dont know what Everton paid for him in the first place which could also make the acceptance of a seemingly low ball figure acceptable to the club ).

There is some truth in this, but we would be left with a hole in the squad which £6m to £8m wouldn't fill. Look at the prices being paid for strikers at the moment: Cornelius went for £7.5m I think, Bony for £12.5m.... how mush was Van Wolfswinkel? Jovetic and Negredo both over £20m... we'd have to shift two or three more players (ie Gueye, Heitinga, Naismith) and hope to raise another £6m in the process before we could seriously begin bidding for a decent striker. We aren't going to even get the likes of Fletcher or Long for less than £15m.

Selling Jelavic might make sense for him at this point, but it doesn't for the club. Prices are always higher in the January window... thats when the likes of Newcastle, West Ham or Fulham will offer £10m+ for him and we'll have a better idea of what Kone, Anichebe, Velios and Deulofeu can do in terms of goalscoring.

Last edited:
Jelavic can leave.
Especially if he's asking to.
Obviously I want him to return to the form he was in during his first 6 months- absolute world class.
but watching him last season was painful. it was embarassing. he was (in my mind) significantly worse than Chebes.
So to me- if Bertie has a replacement in mind- who could be funded with the aid of a Jelavic transfer- then let's do it.

Behave.

He was a 1 in 2 goalscorer for Rapid Vienna, he notched 36 in 55 for Rangers & then he came to us & hit the back of the net 11 times in his first 16 games.

He had a poor season last time out, but it's merely a blip on his CV, as his record shows he's a proven goalscorer. Incidentally despite having such an awful season, he only notched 4 less league goals than Kone.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back