Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jelavic simply cant be defended as a top flight striker. Last year exposed the limits to his game. If you think we can hold out for more than what I said we could expect (or that he'll somehow stick around as a number 2 in a WC preparation year) then good luck with that.

Utter pony that, he showed in his first 5 months that he was a very capable top flight striker, confidence is everything to a front man & he lost his last season. There's no reason why we can't regain it this. He patently has the ability, as he's already shown it.

Kone's bang average imo & shouldn't be seen as an automatic first pick, Jelavic will have to compete for his place, but to blow him out now for a paltry fee would be a massive error imo.

Utter pony that, he showed in his first 5 months that he was a very capable top flight striker, confidence is everything to a front man & he lost his last season. There's no reason why we can't regain it this. He patently has the ability, as he's already shown it.

Kone's bang average imo & shouldn't be seen as an automatic first pick, Jelavic will have to compete for his place, but to blow him out now for a paltry fee would be a massive error imo.

I agree, his confidence was totally shot last season. Hopefully RM can gee him up and get him slotting again.

doesnt look good for Jelavic

No it does,nt. Hopefully Bob has a wider scouting network other than the north west.

No rumours on this by the way but I would,nt be surpised to Steven P on his way not before long. i don,t think bob wants him in a wide roll so I am not convinced he will push him inside so......

To what?

We should take the offer in my opinion. I love the lad but he doesn´t have the turn of pace that´s required in the premier league.

Move on to transfer targets we're never likely to sign perhaps.

Fwiw, we should take the money and run with Jela... the lad is totally devoid of confidence. Looked absolutely appalling last season.

I think Jella is off...he wanted more money last season (source sheedy) now he has a team in for him so unless everton ante up on his wages then he is gone.

I don,t think for one minute this was planned by Bob, Jella has done the running on this and it looks to me he is gone bar the shouting.

I'd keep Jelavic but I'm also interested on how the gaffer will utilize Vic as Wigan were linked with him a few times so he might suit Bobby's plans.

What will Bobby do with Vic ? I can see Bobby giving him a chance,but IMO he will be gone in January, the thing with Vic it's always tomorrow.

No it does,nt. Hopefully Bob has a wider scouting network other than the north west.

No rumours on this by the way but I would,nt be surpised to Steven P on his way not before long. i don,t think bob wants him in a wide roll so I am not convinced he will push him inside so......

See people...
This is what happens when we don't have any games on for more than a week...
This is why everyone gets into a blind panic...

This statement was literally heaved out of the deepest recesses of your ass
There is NOTHING to support it
Why wouldn't he want him in a wide role?
and why wouldn't he try push him inside?

If you're bored shhhhhhhhhhhh

Guys. We need this Blackburn game to come around ASAP so we can talk about concrete things, like Deulofeu's sixpack.

Call me old fashioned but I want my forwards to score goals, there's a load of **** being spoken about Jela's 'all round play' imo, he's no Messi, but his job is to get on the end of things not be a creator.

When he arrived he was scoring goals for fun & was the most natural goalscorer I'd seen at Goodison for a long, long time. Last season he had a year to forget, his confidence dipped & the 1 touch finishes that were his trademark deserted him. It doesn't mean he's not more than capable of finding his form again.

If the subject of Jela's departure was being discussed last summer, we'd have put him in the £20m category, now we have those who would see him pushed put the door for £6m! Crazy, as £6m buys you little in terms of a PL striker & we can't rely on Kone & Victor ffs.

Mate....he's not scoring goals tho!

See people...
This is what happens when we don't have any games on for more than a week...
This is why everyone gets into a blind panic...

This statement was literally heaved out of the deepest recesses of your ass
There is NOTHING to support it
Why wouldn't he want him in a wide role?
and why wouldn't he try push him inside?

If you're bored shhhhhhhhhhhh

Guys. We need this Blackburn game to come around ASAP so we can talk about concrete things, like Deulofeu's sixpack.

I will trust Sheedy on this thanks.

This! And some of his attempts at finishing were awful, one air kick v Southampton away springs to mind. Plus, the notion he missed these chances because he was "tired" due to the tactics of Moyes is absolutely ridiculous.

I recall he also cleared one off the line in that Southampton game, swings and round abouts at the end of the day. He always gives 100%, not his fault he was made to do all the donkey work under Moyes which isn't his game and was teamed with Fellaini who created nothing for him. I have no doubt given the game time he will score goals under Martinez, the problem is Kone has been brought in to play the no.9 role so that is probably going to leave Jela on the bench every week or playing wide, from that point of view it would be better for all concerned if he was sold now but then, as others have pointed out, that leaves us with a big hole to fill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back