Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg O'Keeffe ‏@GregOK 38s
There's clearly firm interest in Jelavic from Hamburg given direct quotes from Oliver Kreuzer but equally it's far from a done deal.

I recall he also cleared one off the line in that Southampton game, swings and round abouts at the end of the day. He always gives 100%, not his fault he was made to do all the donkey work under Moyes which isn't his game and was teamed with Fellaini who created nothing for him. I have no doubt given the game time he will score goals under Martinez, the problem is Kone has been brought in to play the no.9 role so that is probably going to leave Jela on the bench every week or playing wide, from that point of view it would be better for all concerned if he was sold now but then, as others have pointed out, that leaves us with a big hole to fill

Could not fault Jela's work rate, I do remember Moyes in nearly every game telling him to go wide, if he stays it will be interesting
To see what Bobby does with him.

I have a hunch that Martinez wont let him go for £6m...
£8m sounds better

£8M is not enough to fund a quality replacement; Anichebe, Kone and Velios as your only striker options does not equal a top six finish.

We'd have achieved nothing more than swapping Jelavic for Kone, and Kone is yet to prove he is any better a player. He MIGHT be, and in fairness we cannot rule out that possibility, but equally Jelavic MIGHT return to his 2012 form.

To my eyes, Jelavic didn't just play well in the tail end of the 11/12 season; he was looking good right up to the first Newcastle game of the 12/13 season when he collided knees-first with the goalpost. He'd scored four goals by then if memory serves, and it was only September. With a summer off, better support from midfield and a manager who places a premium on attacking play he cannot ask for a better chance to rediscover his form.

The Jelavic who scored 15 goals in his first 25 appearances for Everton (check the records if you don't believe it) was one of the best natural finishers I have seen in beards. Touch, technique and vision were all there, and that simply CAN'T have been luck.

Last edited:
Martinez can seriously do one if he thinks it's a great idea to go into the season with Kone, Anichebe and Vellios as our only strikers.

We need another striker in there if Jelavic goes, and preferably one better than Kone.

Absolutely no way should Arouna Kone come into Everton and instantly become the first name on the team sheet.

Can see a **** season ahead for us, already feeling deflated.

£8M is not enough to fund a quality replacement; Anichebe, Kone and Velios as your only striker options does not equal a top six finish.

We'd have achieved nothing more than swapping Jelavic for Kone, and Kone is yet to prove he is any better a player. He MIGHT be, and in fairness we cannot rule out that possibility, but equally Jelavic MIGHT return to his 2012 form.

To my eyes, Jelavic didn't just play well in the tail end of the 11/12 season; he was looking good right up to the first Newcastle game of the 12/13 season when he collided knees-first with the goalpost. That was in October iirc, and he'd scored six goals by then if memory serves. With a summer off, better support from midfield and a manager who places a premium on attacking play he cannot ask for a better chance to rediscover his form.

The Jelavic who scored 17 goals in his first 30 appearances for Everton was one of the best natural finishers I have seen in beards. Touch, technique and vision were all there, and that simply CAN'T have been luck.

you are absolutely right. It all comes to how much Bobby likes him and how Jela goes with his plans. Martinez can make him slot again, not doubting that

Martinez can seriously do one if he thinks it's a great idea to go into the season with Kone, Anichebe and Vellios as our only strikers.

We need another striker in there if Jelavic goes, and preferably one better than Kone.

Absolutely no way should Arouna Kone come into Everton and instantly become the first name on the team sheet.

So Hamburg state an interest in maybe signing our most disappointing performer last season
and your response is to suggest our new manager of 2 friendlies (who is yet to fully see the full squad) can do one
and that the upcoming season will be a disappointment

SOMEONE BRING THE BLACKBURN GAME FORWARD BY A FEW DAYS- EVERYONE'S STARTING TO CRACK

We all know that Goodison has been a graveyard for strikers under David Moyes. I think that others may believe this as well and feel that a player like Jelavic would have plenty to offer under a different manager.

The problem for Jelavic under Martinez is that he would probably play second fiddle to Kone and doesn't want to do that.

It really depends on what RM wants to do,but if the soundings are correct then I think Jelavic is gone.

As preseason progresses it will be interesting to see what happens with Chris Long,I think he is back at the club today after his holiday...watch out for the time he will be given along with Grant and Barkley..it will be very interesting.

P1D2235500G_crop_640-330_.jpg

Whats the latest on Anaconda cock???

Is Right.......have we spent our"few bob" that Billy liar promised RM ? we need to up the ante asap or mediocrity beckons.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back