Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope jela gets back to form, and if we sell, I hope we Replace with quality... But, for everyone saying that Kone, anichebe, and Vellios is not good enough for a top 6, I say it is too early to tell.

True, that group is likely to only score 25 goals combined and that is not likely to be enough.... But our team is built around an attacking midfield and wingbacks now. Goals can be found all over our squad hopefully. Fellaini is likely to get 10, Mirallis will hopefully match that. Pienaar, deulofeu, Osman, Barkley, Naismith, and Gibson combined are likely to get another 20. Coleman, baines, jags, and Distin could also likely combine for 10.

Sure that is optimistic, but not unreasonable, and that is about 75 goals in the squad. That would have tied Chelsea and only been short of Manu last year.

....suspect Jelavic will go and we will make a profit. I'm very comfortable with this as long as we bring somebody in who can seriously challenge Kone. Based on last years form, neith Jelavic or Anichebe can do this and I don't even consider Vellios. My view is that we will be potentially stronger if Jelavic is replaced and this will be a real indication of the manager's worth in his transfer dealings.

Christ, all the fume if jelavic goes.....

Pretty sure Martinez would be replacing him with another striker!

In fact I'd go as far to say we'v got our eye on a pacific expensive striker since day dot. Kone was signed in advance to replace jelavic. Jelavic going is to add to funds for a marque striker....I feel it in my bones!!

I'd keep him until at least January, see how he does under Martinez. If we do sell we would need a direct replacement though.

Dont think we could afford a top class forward until next season when the main tv cash comes im so best situation would be moses can play RM/ST only 22, champions league experience would be brilliant him and mirallas on the wings would be pace abundant

Are there any pointers for getting myself rid of this WUM tag I have a recently acquired. As I can assure everyone I am not a redcoat or a kopite or indeed a WUM.

A good starting point is to stop mentioning them mate and just post sensible stuff (like I do), calling someone a melt didn't help your cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back