Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, we are doing alright

think the problem, for me anyway, is the amount of money teams are spending makes you fear how we will compete. but we have had this every year, and Moyes used to make us into a top 7 side.

I wish we were signing the players that Spurs were, but we have a really good first XI and now some more depth. Plus he is focused n bringing the youth players through which for some of us was the biggest criticism we had of Moyes.

And then we read that Barcelona were happy with us getting their best youth player because of the reputation that RM has in Spain for playing total football.

Are we not happy about that?????

How are Spurs funding all of their deals? No Champions league football and they've spent £25m on Paulinho and Chadli and are after Soldado for another £20m+

I wonder if they're spending knowing that they could sell Bale for £50m+ at any time. We should have done similar in January and got players in to go for 4th spot and then sold Fellaini / Baines if it didn't come off. We'd still have the players bought in Jan and they'd be used to the squad / playing in Engalnd now

How are Spurs funding all of their deals? No Champions league football and they've spent £25m on Paulinho and Chadli and are after Soldado for another £20m+

I wonder if they're spending knowing that they could sell Bale for £50m+ at any time. We should have done similar in January and got players in to go for 4th spot and then sold Fellaini / Baines if it didn't come off. We'd still have the players bought in Jan and they'd be used to the squad / playing in Engalnd now

Pretty simple, their chairman has money and is willing to invest it wisely.

Throw in a few years in the Champions/Europa League plus higher finishes than us.

[Poor language removed] it, throw in the fact that they're a London club too, that usually helps.

When Bluekipper was going the meltdown usually happened in May ,just after the seasons end. Usually it was a bloodbath , year after year the same people predicting the total demise of the club, confidently predicting that we were going to be passed out and left behind by clubs like Birmingham and Wolves.

At least we got t'ill July on GOT before the crazies come out.

The fact is that we have the same squad as last year so far,apart from shedding some deadweight from the wage bill. We have added four players to the squad at minimal cost. We don't know if we have more money to spend...probably not.We may lose Fellaini although it looks less likely by the day.We may lose Baines although that too looks less likely......and the manager really seems to be having a serious look at the youngsters in reserve and in the academy.

And would much prefer that it was this way than RM jumping in and saying that he was going to overhaul everything straight away. Yes he's brought in players he thinks will add depth and these are players he knows with the exception of the Barca lad. The alternative is to spunk money on players that he thinks would improve us but then either cannot or do not fit the EFC way. Take our time if we don't lose any and add these four maybe one more midfielder and give the youth some exposure and see which ones can really sink or swim then that seems the most sensible way forward bearing in mind the financial restrictions and the major upheaval in managerial and coaching staff.

****in strange club Everton.

Established premier league team, but skint EVERY single year despite ever increasing TV revenue.

Always having to sell to buy.

Never seeming to make a dint in the £46 million debt? I can't believe for a second that all the clubs revenue goes towards operating costs.

Cardiff, Swansea, Norwich all showing more ambition by outspending us.

Poxy kit and sponsorship deals.

Missing out on some genuine bargains this Summer.

Crap badge.

Embarrassing.

Rant over.

They are selling Bale

****in strange club Everton.

Established premier league team, but skint EVERY single year despite ever increasing TV revenue.

Always having to sell to buy.

Never seeming to make a dint in the £46 million debt? I can't believe for a second that all the clubs revenue goes towards operating costs.

Cardiff, Swansea, Norwich all showing more ambition by outspending us.

Poxy kit and sponsorship deals.

Missing out on some genuine bargains this Summer.

Crap badge.

Embarrassing.

Rant over.

Yeah but apart from that we are feckin awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back