Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'll provide an attacking threat, goals, assists, direct running. I think that could mean we secure more points/go further in cups. Quite happy if we finish higher or do better in cups. Then there's the domino effect of extra income, potential European football for next season and a bigger incentive for players to join us. Think it's quite simple really.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that. I just wondered why Beckham going on loan when he was a kid is relevant. He did nothing for Preston

Still not happy with the CM, tbh. I think we need to be more dynamic in there. I'd be concerned if we hadn't strengthened before the window shuts.

That bleacher report is decent and I agree with it. These signings have made are squad stronger and all four are good players IMO.

Joel, Alcaraz & Kone were good individuals mixed in with sh!te amongst the Wigan team, just like McCarthy and McManaman. But just a number of good individuals don't make a good side and that's why in the end, Wigan finally got relegated!.

But the difference at Everton is, is that we've got a lot of good individuals, some very good individuals that does make up a good team and eventually, we will start to show promise under Martinez, cos it will take time for us to adapt fully to the ways in which he wants us to play!.

SPOT ON AiDEY9 -
I would like to see McMannaman back at Goodisson as well - as winger -
then a dynamo new signing in the midfield to play with Barkley and WHAM!! we can kick some arse

Capoue would be ideal really. Shame he looks to be off to Cardiff.

I'll be genuinely surprised if he goes there. I'd guess him and his agent will hold out for bigger clubs to come in. He'll move at some point in this window but I doubt he'll go to Cardiff. If Fellaini does go I'd love us to go for Capoue and a playmaker in the centre

SPOT ON AiDEY9 -
I would like to see McMannaman back at Goodisson as well - as winger -
then a dynamo new signing in the midfield to play with Barkley and WHAM!! we can kick some arse

McManaman would cost too much for a player who is pretty much unproven. We should avoid

Davek.
I think Lundstram will be given a chance in central midfield to show what he can do before the manager tries to sign anybody.
Lundstram seems to be the archetypal central midfielder. He sits in midfield is always available for a pass ,takes up good positions ,and has a good range of passing.He should at least be given a game or two to show what he can do.
He is similar to Gibson and is the kind of player the manager would really like....I think.

I think the manager really starts learning today and in America...that will really tell him what he needs.

exactly.
Do you see this happening if Fellaini stays with us..I mean could Fellaini handle that role in Bobbys system

Fellaini isn't that quick but has decent change of pace and an awareness of the space to run into that will create space for those around him. absolutely ideal for Martinez and I think he has already spotted this

We definitely need a new midfielder. Its not helpful I know, but I'd like a really good all rounder, like roy keane in his pomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back