Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm... He is obviously keen on putting his point across calmly and in a civilised manner that doesn't make everyone else think he's a complete and utter tit. No wonder he's neck deep in neg rep.

Apparently the 4 signings we've made are poor on paper -

Robles - ex Athletico Madrid - played in FA Cup final
Alcaraz - international stalwart - one of the shining lights at 2010 World Cup
Kone - scored 13 goals for a relegated side - our top centre forward scored 8
Deulofeu - Barcelona wonderkid wanted by some of the best European sides.

I can't see a downside to any of them.

Also - replaced - Neville, Hitz, Mucha

Some people are beyond help and common sense.

OR you could look at it like this;

Robles -- reserve keeper unwanted at atletico who are choosing to continuously loan a keeper from another team rather than give him a chance. Also, you can add that he's done nothing of note since emerging onto the scene at the same time as de gea.

Deulofeu -- 19 year old loan signing. It's an interesting move but he's just a kid on loan at the end of the day, not really building for the future is it?

Kone -- Average forward who shone in a poor team whose attacks all went through him. Overpriced, no re-sale value and not good enough for a top 6 side.

Alcaraz -- Spat at someone. Not had much of a career and seems to be injury prone. Not quite Jagielka or Distin level is he?

You can't give the argument that they are replacing neville / hitzlesperger either. The key argument is are they good enough for a top 6 side -- the answer is no. Deulofeu may surprise us for a season but the others would have had more success if they were decent.

Robles -- reserve keeper unwanted at atletico who are choosing to continuously loan a keeper from another team rather than give him a chance. Also, you can add that he's done nothing of note since emerging onto the scene at the same time as de gea.

Deulofeu -- 19 year old loan signing. It's an interesting move but he's just a kid on loan at the end of the day, not really building for the future is it?

Kone -- Average forward who shone in a poor team whose attacks all went through him. Overpriced, no re-sale value and not good enough for a top 6 side.

Alcaraz -- Spat at someone. Not had much of a career and seems to be injury prone. Not quite Jagielka or Distin level is he?

You can't give the argument that they are replacing neville / hitzlesperger either. The key argument is are they good enough for a top 6 side -- the answer is no. Deulofeu may surprise us for a season but the others would have had more success if they were decent.
You could look at it like that if you completely ignore any of the positive points of any of the players and go out of your way to do so.

well gotta admit, thats pretty different perspective than mine and chimpys.
x

Didn't Bobby say we had money at the PC yesterday ?

'Financially strong', whatever that means.

I'd like to think so but I heavily doubt it.

We should be with most of the new TV money going towards servicing debts!. Think were doing the right thing tbh with no other new investment coming our way, using the majority of the new TV money coming in to lower are debts etc.

Come next year or the years after atleast, we should be in a position to spend well I reckon.

Seen Remy mentioned, apparently his agent has offered him to us, no idea what we said in return like.
If he got cleared of rape and we sold Jelavic, id definitely have Remy, 100%.

This. Although i'd like to see Jela given a chance under Martinez, see how he gets on?!. But Remy does seem like a Martinez type striker, not out & out but can play off the front man, wide, and as pace and technical ability aswell as goalscoring prowess.

i guess beckham was just a kid on loan too eh

some people

And what did signing him on loan do for preston exactly, particularly with achieving their long term ambitions?

i'm excited by this loan but the main beneficiaries will be Barcelona. I don't really see why you mentioning that Beckham went on loan is really relevant?

Nah, "the key argument" is will they improve us for next season. I think it's pretty evident they will. The most important factor for signings is fitting into the system. I doubt Blaszczykowski at Dortmund would cement a place in many sides competing for titles like they do. He offers width and links up brilliantly with Piszczek, giving them a direct route down the right hand side. It'll take about 2 years before it's actually Martinez's side but he's making big changes already.

Now Martinez has got his trusted few in from Wigan and the Barca kid on loan, I hope he takes a similar approach to moyes did during his time here. In that I mean I hope he's a fussy [Poor language removed] about who he brings in and works right up to the deadline to get us a player like Belg Kev instead of 'making do' with a scott sinclair

Listen to his press conference the other day, that's exactly what he may be doing pal. He said he needed to get the four he did in, straight away to sort the squad out and then he will asses them all, the original squad, the new signings and youngsters he thinks are capable of making an impression in the first team!.

Once he as done and if he feels he needs to add the right players to the team that he feels will help to get us playing the way that he wants and improving us, then there's the potential to do so he says?!.

And what did signing him on loan do for preston exactly, particularly with achieving their long term ambitions?

i'm excited by this loan but the main beneficiaries will be Barcelona. I don't really see why you mentioning that Beckham went on loan is really relevant?

I think he'll provide an attacking threat, goals, assists, direct running. I think that could mean we secure more points/go further in cups. Quite happy if we finish higher or do better in cups. Then there's the domino effect of extra income, potential European football for next season and a bigger incentive for players to join us. Think it's quite simple really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back