The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we are signing McCarthy then the unofficial Everton spokesman Dave (broken leg) Whelan would have announced it by now.

If we are signing McCarthy then the unofficial Everton spokesman Dave (broken leg) Whelan would have announced it by now.

Doubt it mate, Bill wouldn't be happy with that and Dave wouldn't have a leg to stand on if he announced it to the world first.

Mate, this has been explained so many times now and yet Elstone felt the need to explain it again at the shareholders meeting as some continue banging on about it.

http://www.evertonfc.com/evertoninteractive/where-the-money-goes

His blog has been countered and dissected numerous times over. Read through the Kenwright board thread

I haven't been in the board thread for some time as, despite the fact there are probably some great posts in there, the whole argument and the conjecture flying around in there bores me to tears so I don't know much on the subject. Cheers for the link though.

I keep seeing people comparing McCarthy and Gibson , but from what I have seen of McCarthy I think he is more similar in style to Stephen Gerrard.
To me Gibson likes to sit in the middle of the park and control the game from there. McCarthy has more urgency and more movement in his play.
I think Gibson and McCarthy would compliment each others styles and I think Martinez would love to have them as a pair in central midfield with Mirallas and Delafeu out wide and possibly Barkley/Pienaar/Osman supporting either Kone/Jelavic or Anichebe.

I keep seeing people comparing McCarthy and Gibson , but from what I have seen of McCarthy I think he is more similar in style to Stephen Gerrard.
To me Gibson likes to sit in the middle of the park and control the game from there. McCarthy has more urgency and more movement in his play.
I think Gibson and McCarthy would compliment each others styles and I think Martinez would love to have them as a pair in central midfield with Mirallas and Delafeu out wide and possibly Barkley/Pienaar/Osman supporting either Kone/Jelavic or Anichebe.

Seriously, I think I must have been watching the wrong player or something. McCarthy is alright, keeps possession and plays like a crab. But, the way some people are rating him, I must have another look at him. As much as I hate Gerrrard, McCarthy is not in the same league as him.

I agree. I have seen McCarthy in the flesh several times for Ireland and he definitely has a bit more going forward. I'm not sure if you can judge him from the his performances in a poor Wigan side but since he has become a regular starter for Ireland the midfield they have been transformed and far more assured pressing up the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back