Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what you're trying to say is - and correct me if I'm wrong - that we're on the cusp of poaching Santi Cazorla from Arsenal, for 11m?

To be fair I do rate McCarthy, but with Fellaini and Gibson, we need a Cazorla or mata type of player, and maybe cheap cover for Gibson

Ok British sorry the geography police are out in force . For 11 million there are far greater players than mcCarthy don't care what anyone says
We could certainly use some of that money to sign the great Mexican player Landon Donovan.

Wouldn't even take him for £5m. He is not the type of player we need. He doesn't score, assist nor create much chances and that is something we desperately need. We've very little goals in our midfield, especially when Felli leaves.
"To his credit, on the ball McCarthy is in the top 10% of central midfielders in the Premier League. His passing data is largely better than Osman, Gibson and Fellaini ... the data shows that McCarthy comfortably created more chances (36) than either Osman or Gibson last season, and virtually the same as Carrick who claimed 37."
http://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/2013/07/31/transfer-deconstruction-james-mccarthy/

While his goal scoring record isn't tremendous he is also just 22. I think it's fair to say he hasn't peaked quite yet. He is already ahead of some of our players (and most other players in the league) in some key areas despite being far less experienced. Sure he has some weak points but we aren't signing any 22 year olds who don't have some weak points.

We could certainly use some of that money to sign the great Mexican player Landon Donovan.

"To his credit, on the ball McCarthy is in the top 10% of central midfielders in the Premier League. His passing data is largely better than Osman, Gibson and Fellaini ... the data shows that McCarthy comfortably created more chances (36) than either Osman or Gibson last season, and virtually the same as Carrick who claimed 37."
http://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/2013/07/31/transfer-deconstruction-james-mccarthy/

While his goal scoring record isn't tremendous he is also just 22. I think it's fair to say he hasn't peaked quite yet. He is already ahead of some of our players (and most other players in the league) in some key areas despite being far less experienced. Sure he has some weak points but we aren't signing any 22 year olds who don't have some weak points.

I don't appreciate unfunny sarcasm . Get gone

No what I am saying is we should not pay 11m for McCarthy because there are cheaper and better options out there . Cazorla was just an example of you can find cheaper from abroad . He has got to be worth 25 million now

Cazorla is not cheaper though, you just said yourself he was 16m so that's an extra 5 we have to find on top of the supposed 11m Wigan want for McCarthy.

Cazorla is not cheaper though, you just said yourself he was 16m so that's an extra 5 we have to find on top of the supposed 11m Wigan want for McCarthy.

Ffs I know he's not cheaper . I am saying the standard he is he only cost 16 million people want to shell out 11million for a Wigan player. We don't need anymore of them . There are players out there that would cost less than mcCarthy but are better . Carzola was an example to show you can get good class like him for just above what you want to pay for the Wigan player. Obviously we will never get a Carzola type player but there are player lesser quality than him but a bit cheaper who are better than James ****ing McCarthy

Ffs I know he's not cheaper . I am saying the standard he is he only cost 16 million people want to shell out 11million for a Wigan player. We don't need anymore of them . There are players out there that would cost less than mcCarthy but are better . Carzola was an example to show you can get good class like him for just above what you want to pay for the Wigan player. Obviously we will never get a Carzola type player but there are player lesser quality than him but a bit cheaper who are better than James ****ing McCarthy

Point A: The fact he's a Wigan player means absolutely nothing. Seamus Coleman was a Sligo Rovers player. Jagielka was Sheff Utd. Leighton Baines was Wigan. Distin was Portsmouth. Lescott was Wolves. Tim Cahill was Millwall.

etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Point B: You keep saying there are players out there who cost less than McCarthy but are better. Name one.

Point C: You said we will never get a Cazorla type of player - why not? Mirallas cost £6m and we beat Arsenal to his signature.

I just think you're one of those people who don't like players with "John Smith" kind of names and would rather sign an unknown player named "Smithinho", regardless of their actual ability.

Point A: The fact he's a Wigan player means absolutely nothing. Seamus Coleman was a Sligo Rovers player. Jagielka was Sheff Utd. Leighton Baines was Wigan. Distin was Portsmouth. Lescott was Wolves. Tim Cahill was Millwall.

etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Point B: You keep saying there are players out there who cost less than McCarthy but are better. Name one.

Point C: You said we will never get a Cazorla type of player - why not? Mirallas cost £6m and we beat Arsenal to his signature.

I just think you're one of those people who don't like players with "John Smith" kind of names and would rather sign an unknown player named "Smithinho", regardless of their actual ability.

Point a - we have already signed 2 wigan players

Point b - Honda but he won't come now , adam ljajic , dennis preat . There's a few but I'm not a scout so I don't no many

Point c - when big money like 16m is put on the table we cannot compete . Luckly mirallas was only 6 so we can deal with that

I don't mind a good English players but the fact is there overrated and with our fianances we can't be spending on these type of players

Point a - we have already signed 2 wigan players

Point b - Honda but he won't come now , adam ljajic , dennis preat . There's a few but I'm not a scout so I don't no many

Point c - when big money like 16m is put on the table we cannot compete . Luckly mirallas was only 6 so we can deal with that

I don't mind a good English players but the fact is there overrated and with our fianances we can't be spending on these type of players

Dennis Preat, the 19 year old midfielder who has played two seasons in the Belgian league ? Come on.

Dennis Preat, the 19 year old midfielder who has played two seasons in the Belgian league ? Come on.

He's has potential . He's What we need have you seen him he can unlock defences and gets a few goals . We don't need some rough and tumble Irish player who plays for Wigan . No thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back