Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like McCarthy but if we can get 1 of Chantome, Marrone, Jorginho or Capoue and have money left for a more creative player in the centre for a similar price it'd cost to get him then we need to look at that as the better option. We need 2 midfielders if Fellaini goes. One of those players mentioned could play a holding role and we'd still need another in to play further up (we need this sort of player even if Fellaini stayed).

Fellaini and Heitinga going could lead us to gettting in the Belgian centre back, 2 midfielders and still leave some money to put towards another winger

re: McCarthy: The "he's overpriced because he's British" thing works both ways: he isn't going to stop being British in 4 years if we decide to sell him. He'll be overpriced then too. Perhaps even more overpriced because he's (hopefully) coming from a top PL side rather than a just relegated side.

I don't like buying players just to sell them for a profit BUT it is nice to have a safety net on a transfer. Chances are low given his age and the fact he has already played in the Prem he'd end up worth less in the future (although it's possible). The same cannot be said for many of the alternatives which everyone seems so sure would be better.

My crystal ball is in the shop so I don't know if he will be better than whatever wonderkid FM says is a sure-thing. Plus I'm not going to get upset about a rumoured transfer fee that Wigan want -- they probably won't get that much just like we won't get as much for Fellaini as most people here think we should (myself included).

Getting bent out of shape because we already got players from Wigan isn't really logical -- he's either a good signing or he isn't. Where our prior transfers came from has no bearing whatsoever on this transfer. It wouldn't magically be a better signing if we hadn't signed the other Wigan players.

I don't appreciate unfunny sarcasm . Get gone
You seem fun. FYI not a single person here is doing anything for your appreciation so no need to update us on what you personally do and do not appreciate. "Get gone" isn't nice. Be nice! I love you.

I like McCarthy but if we can get 1 of Chantome, Marrone, Jorginho or Capoue and have money left for a more creative player in the centre for a similar price it'd cost to get him then we need to look at that as the better option.
Don't forget that EFC (even despite the OMGz TV MONEY YA'LL WE'Z RICH!!!!!!!) look at all business from a total cost perspective. So once you factor in wages/fees etc. it's not the same cost even if the transfer prices in the papers for 2 players v. 1 player would be the same.

Selling Fellaini and buying one player (be it McCarthy or whomever) would likely result in a net profit from transfer and wages combined. We might get an additional player who is more along the lines of a Stones signing* but I'd be surprised if we replaced Felli with two potential first 11 type players which cost his entire transfer fee.

*Despite a great pre-season he was not purchased with the intent to start him from the off.

You seem fun. FYI not a single person here is doing anything for your appreciation so no need to update us on what you personally do and do not appreciate. "Get gone" isn't nice. Be nice! I love you

I will say what I want especially with a prick like you being sarcastic to me . I didn't need a reply I just told you I dont like little comments like yours . So once again GET GONE YOU WUM

I'll help him out here Steve. McCarthy is bang average, he's been hyped way beyond his ability & for the kind of fees being mentioned, he represents ****e value for a CM in the current European market.

You see, YOU know how to get a point across. I more or less agree with you, but if we did get McCarthy for around £8 mill, he'd be a fair addition. Don't want to see Felli go, mind you, and hoping he won't want to play for Giner again. If SAF was still coaching, Felli would be there like as shot.l

When he won an FA Cup with 8 pub teams around him.

When he helped the same team dry
bum us at Goodison.

So his two half decent performances in the cup prove he is a very good Prem player? Sorry, but i'm out. It all smells a bit Steve Sidwell to me.

Adem Ljajic apparently has a 12m EURO release clause, been linked with him a few times and we do need a 'number 10' which he would play. Fellaini looks to be a goner, so get the CM replacements in (any of; McCarthy, Diame, Capoue, Marrone, Medel would do me) then trigger Ljajic's release clause to add a bit of creativity to the side.

Adem Ljajic apparently has a 12m EURO release clause, been linked with him a few times and we do need a 'number 10' which he would play. Fellaini looks to be a goner, so get the CM replacements in (any of; McCarthy, Diame, Capoue, Marrone, Medel would do me) then trigger Ljajic's release clause to add a bit of creativity to the side.

I said this a few pages back but a few idiots still think McCarthy is a good deal for 11 mill.if we brought capoue then he would be the marque signing then either a cheap attacking mid would come in or none at all. If we got ljajic then we could also buy medel or marrone for the holding role

I said this a few pages back but a few idiots still think McCarthy is a good deal for 11 mill

I rate McCarthy mate, do like the kid, but if we paid £15m for him id be extremely disappointed, think we could get him for £10m though, and that'd be a deal i wouldnt complain about. We could potentially get 3 players with the Fellaini money; Ljajic, then two deep lying mids to play/cover for Gibson; McCarthy and one other.

I rate McCarthy mate, do like the kid, but if we paid £15m for him id be extremely disappointed, think we could get him for £10m though, and that'd be a deal i wouldnt complain about. We could potentially get 3 players with the Fellaini money; Ljajic, then two deep lying mids to play/cover for Gibson; McCarthy and one other.

Don't no mate could be a bit far say we got McCarthy and ljajic for 10 m each then we would only have 3-5m left and thats without wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back