The Summer Transfer Window Deadline Day - Friday 31st August 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 million is ridiculous for a keeper when we've got a good one in Howard, put that money towards a CM!!

Fellaini, Gibson, Heitinga, Neville, Osman, Pienaar, Barkley - we are covered in the CM role! And I include Pienaar in there because we now have Mirallas for the left

Probably going to try get Butland with last bit of money then loan him out ! He's a top class keeper and would have what Moyes likes in sell on value etc. Plus just because we buy Butland doesn't mean we can't try to loan a CM with an option to buy at end of the season.

I hope you're right, but 6M is a lot of change.

I hope you're right, but 6M is a lot of change.

Think of the value of Joe Hart right now, thats what Butland could be like - great investment.

Plus we need a goalkeeper who can keep Tim Howard on his toes, and a goalkeeper who can actually give Howard a rest during the Carling Cup, FA Cup and even Europa League the next few seasons.

£6 million is about right for a 19 year old English Goalkeeper - who is already Englands #2, and has possibly 20 years ahead of him

Yeah, really think this could be a coup.

And it's not like we'll be handing over £6m right now.

We would have to keep him loaned out elsewhere, otherwise he would endure the everton goalkeeper talent of death and be playing in the clydebank division 1 come 5 years time.

Moyes being savvy maybe? If he(Butland) does well he could go for big money to the clubs with deep pockets, hence the Man $hitties of the world. *winks*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back