The Summer Transfer Window Deadline Day - Friday 31st August 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think of the value of Joe Hart right now, thats what Butland could be like - great investment.

Plus we need a goalkeeper who can keep Tim Howard on his toes, and a goalkeeper who can actually give Howard a rest during the Carling Cup, FA Cup and even Europa League the next few seasons.

I think it's a big risk unless we think Timmy's done soon. I know he could be a great investment, but so could a midfielder or attacker. How much could Jelavic command now? I'd guess 8+M. I get that he wants to cement GK for a long time, but I'm not sure this is a wise move since we do need some help in the midfield still.

A lot of this might have something to do with Howards plans if maybe he has told Moyes he'll be around only couple seasons more or if he is thinking about coaching or something soon.

Spending money on a goalkeeper is like spending a decent wedge on a pair of trabs.

You know its got to be done, but still feels somehow unnecessary.

Very silly question, but do Goalkeepers have the same medical as the outfield players? Or is it slightly different?

Di Matteo admitting that Essien will be loaned out, hence being left out of Super Cup

If i we're a club in the top 5 of the premiership (probably top 3) I wouldn't loan anyone out to the top half of the league, would be strange if Chelsea did - same story with Sturridge and Liverpool

If i we're a club in the top 5 of the premiership (probably top 3) I wouldn't loan anyone out to the top half of the league, would be strange if Chelsea did - same story with Sturridge and Liverpool

Might be a bit difficult to convince a non youth player who is not completely past it to play in the bottom ten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back