The true hipsters choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems like a massive risk. He's only been employed in football because his dad gave him a job. Don't think he ever played the game and he's still very young. Could be a stroke of absolute genius or a typical Everton FC wrong move, again.

So basically, from what i can gather, people want him because he is Carlo's son and handsome. The fact that he has never managed a team by himself before and will be plunged straight into a premier league relegation battle with zero experience and an awful team of layabouts and a board that can do whatever they want with him due to inexperience of leading anything doesn't come into it.

We are definitely the maddest club around, board and supporters. lol

This is an appointment I can get behind!
Would be more complicated for him now in terms of a support team and signing players but I’m sure they’ll figure something out. He’d need an experienced assistant manager.
If true, sounds like we are trying to be more progressive.

So basically, from what i can gather, people want him because he is Carlo's son and handsome. The fact that he has never managed a team by himself before and will be plunged straight into a premier league relegation battle with zero experience and an awful team of layabouts and a board that can do whatever they want with him due to inexperience of leading anything doesn't come into it.

We are definitely the maddest club around, board and supporters. lol
I understood he did the coaching work whilst with us. He knows the players.
Isn’t that big of a reach to be manager with a DOF in place

I understood he did the coaching work whilst with us. He knows the players.
Isn’t that big of a reach to be manager with a DOF in place
Honestly, It is an absolutely humongous reach. Even Lampard had managed a couple of teams in England before coming to us and he was absolutely woeful even if he was a nice bloke. lol

Kolo Toure, what a manager he could be, retread in the footsteps of the last raging success we got from Wigan.

He who dares wins kenners...

Honestly, It is an absolutely humongous reach. Even Lampard had managed a couple of teams in England before coming to us and he was absolutely woeful even if he was a nice bloke. lol
Yeah I know mate, you’re right on balance.
I just can’t get behind Bielsa.
I like Dyche but I don’t think he is a long term vision we are all want. That said, I think he would keep us up which is the main objective in the short term but Davide would be a longer term project even if we went down, to come back stronger overall

Reactions: Lob
Yeah I know mate, you’re right on balance.
I just can’t get behind Bielsa.
I like Dyche but I don’t think he is a long term vision we are all want. That said, I think he would keep us up which is the main objective in the short term but Davide would be a longer term project even if we went down, to come back stronger overall
I could get behind it if we were at the start of a season or in a safe position with plent of breathing space to let him learn and grow etc. It would be an enormous risk right now though with the precarious position we are in, the club being in crisis and the amount of pressure that would immediately go on the poor lads shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back