The Weather Thread

I understand that there are many people in that area who lack even the means to evacuate for a few days for an emergency, much less relocate permanently. However, why anyone with the ability to go elsewhere voluntarily continues to live in that area (and particularly the city of New Orleans) is beyond me. Being several feet below sea level in an area that is almost a yearly bullseye for ever-increasing tropical storms is a recipe for your life to be endlessly turned on its head.

Absolute madness in NYC right now.

Earlier a pretty strong tornado went through the Annapolis area near me. I think there were at least 4 tornadoes in MD which is usually a year's worth for us.

These storms are absurd.

For too long storms have affected places like the NO etc. and not much ever gets done, if one good thing can come out of these storms that hit NY is the push that politicians need to put climate change front and centre.

Although saying that seeing China's co2 output has grown 15% year on year and they have more than the combined total of all the western countries, until we can get them off coal and driving ICE vehicles everything is like chipping away at a mountain with a teaspoon.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back