The Weather Thread

-4 and -5 the last couple days, although we had snow on Monday.

Our response? Break out the skiing gear (thermal base layers, fleece midlayers, thick jackets and trousers, proper gloves and hats), get the wife's car booked in to change over to her winter tyres (mine runs on all-season rubber so doesn't need to change) and spread a load of salt over the front path and driveway. Then carry on as normal.

Seriously cannot fathom why people find it so difficult to work out what to do when the weather gets chilly. I get that some have different finances, but surely choosing to drive on summer tyres when it gets below 5c is a false economy, especially when you crash and damage your car, or get stranded and have to pay out hundreds for emergency accommodation or alternative travel?

-4 and -5 the last couple days, although we had snow on Monday.

Our response? Break out the skiing gear (thermal base layers, fleece midlayers, thick jackets and trousers, proper gloves and hats), get the wife's car booked in to change over to her winter tyres (mine runs on all-season rubber so doesn't need to change) and spread a load of salt over the front path and driveway. Then carry on as normal.

Seriously cannot fathom why people find it so difficult to work out what to do when the weather gets chilly. I get that some have different finances, but surely choosing to drive on summer tyres when it gets below 5c is a false economy, especially when you crash and damage your car, or get stranded and have to pay out hundreds for emergency accommodation or alternative travel?
In all my years of driving I have never once thought "I wish I had winter tyres", just drive carefully innit.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back