Votes: 690 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 241 23.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 112 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's better than what we have right now and that's all I care about. 2 months ago we looked like we were going down and let’s get this straight we can still be dragged into a relegation battle. Lose Saturday and we're dangerously close especially with teams like Palace now picking up wins. Even off the bench Walcott scores goals - all sorts of goals, something no-one else in our squad is doing bar Rooney and most of his are from the spot.

Walcott’s rapid, he's ready and there's no bedding in period required! Batteries are included he'd 100% hit the floor running so for me it's a no brainer.

As for Lookman i don't get why people assume signing Walcott would shackle his progression, it might actually help him? He’d be training with player very similar to him in style and stature who he can learn from. Lookman is a massive talent but he's equally had 3 managers all of varying styles and personalities this season and they've all used him sparingly. Maybe he's just not quite ready yet. I'd like him to get more game time and i think he has a role to play just like he did against a arrogantly high Liverpool defence but it's picking those moments for him, helping him be successful. When he's ready I’m sure he’ll be the first name on the team sheet but Walcott is ready now and I care about now.

One's young with ridiculous potential and one has had a decade to fulfil his potential, but hasn't .

Hence the loan.

While he's learns his trade, we'll have another player contributing to the first team.

Or do we just want to throw Lookman in to play 90mins every game, have up and down games, crowd get on him etc etc...

He's got time. We've lost Mirallas.

Sometimes our fanbase is ridiculously confused about wanting to progress with not wanting to progress because of *insert reasons here*

One has his career behind him one in front of him

So...he won't be here next season all of a sudden?

Or we advocating playing Lookman every game and bemoan when he makes mistakes that lead to the usual benching/booing at the expense of not buying Walcott after losing a senior player in Mirallas?

He's better than what we have right now and that's all I care about. 2 months ago we looked like we were going down and let’s get this straight we can still be dragged into a relegation battle. Lose Saturday and we're dangerously close especially with teams like Palace now picking up wins. Even off the bench Walcott scores goals - all sorts of goals, something no-one else in our squad is doing bar Rooney and most of his are from the spot.

Walcott’s rapid, he's ready and there's no bedding in period required! Batteries are included he'd 100% hit the floor running so for me it's a no brainer.

As for Lookman i don't get why people assume signing Walcott would shackle his progression, it might actually help him? He’d be training with player very similar to him in style and stature who he can learn from. Lookman is a massive talent but he's equally had 3 managers all of varying styles and personalities this season and they've all used him sparingly. Maybe he's just not quite ready yet. I'd like him to get more game time and i think he has a role to play just like he did against a arrogantly high Liverpool defence but it's picking those moments for him, helping him be successful. When he's ready I’m sure he’ll be the first name on the team sheet but Walcott is ready now and I care about now.

Yep.

People just want any excuse

Hence the loan.

While he's learns his trade, we'll have another player contributing to the first team.

Or do we just want to throw Lookman in to play 90mins every game, have up and down games, crowd get on him etc etc...

He's got time. We've lost Mirallas.

Sometimes our fanbase is ridiculously confused about wanting to progress with not wanting to progress because of *insert reasons here*

Sounds like a good shout to me. We're not going down and we're out of every competition, but yeah, let's loan out a promising young player to Sheffield Wednesday instead of integrating him into the team lol

Sounds like a good shout to me. We're not going down and we're out of every competition, but yeah, let's loan out a promising young player to Sheffield Wednesday instead of integrating him into the team lol

Sound. I'm not against it.

30k blooos would when he loses the ball trying to run past someone on the edge of his won box and we concede.

The amount of times i have read he only has pace and no end product and at 28 he must be worn out and has definately lost pace

This highlight video of his performances last season suggest you are talking absolute cows nuts

i don't think anyone's saying he's lost much pace yet, more that he will lose it. In that video he definitely has a lot of pace. Not sure what that proves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back