Votes: 690 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 241 23.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 112 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasnt really fussed on Walcott , i always thought of him as a sicknote type.

But must admit , i could see him fitting in really well here . His record is excellent for a wide player although he still fancies playing central ( good option for us).
Arsenal dont sell cheap (Ox was 35 mil) so if a reasonable price can be reached go for it.
I'm warming to him coming here , so no doubt he'll end up at Southampton :(

Walcott will improve the team/squad no doubt. Could be beneficial to Lookman on the training ground also. Might as well start improving the squad rather than HOPING Lookman will come good. I believe he will but that shouldn't take away from getting good players in when available. All clubs should be looking for better players or improving the squad rather than standing still and going with what we have. It's an on going thing that all managers have got to do. Felt that was a problem with Moyes.

I understand the argument about not wanting to push Lookman out, and I'm all for bringing in young talented players but there is also a balance to be struck, we can't just keep trying to play potential and hoping that they will be a success when half the time if they do start showing their talent they get off (stones, Lukaku) keep one eye on the future but also worry about the here and now to get us up the league or win one of those shiny things we haven't seen since 1995

The funny thing is, his end product is something that always seemed to be criticised by Arsenal fans whenever I've heard them on Walcott.

Haven't not watched him every week I wouldn't know.

he certainly isn't an assist machine.

His crossing isn't great. He isn't brilliant on the ball in terms of his passing or eye for a cutting ball.

He is rapid, very good at getting in behind and overall a pretty good finisher, though. He scored 19 in all comps last season and has four goals/five assists with limited game time this year. He'd certainly improve us.

I'm not convinced we'll be in for him, though, and if Arsenal sell Sanchez this window - which looks likely - I'm not convinced they'll sell Walcott anyway.

So...he won't be here next season all of a sudden?

Or we advocating playing Lookman every game and bemoan when he makes mistakes that lead to the usual benching/booing at the expense of not buying Walcott after losing a senior player in Mirallas?
How will Lookman reach his potential? Being a regular starter and let him get his mistakes out the way and gain experience for the remainder of the season, which is pretty much over for us now. Give him a run of games, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If he’s not improving or learning then send him out next season on loan.

i don't think anyone's saying he's lost much pace yet, more that he will lose it. In that video he definitely has a lot of pace. Not sure what that proves.

I have read every post in this thread sadly enough and there have been Many people saying his pace is gone and he’s worn out thats why Arsenal are binning him etc

But what that video also proves is pace isnt the only trait for Theo he has great ball control great agility can find the net has a great cross on him

It proves too many people on here like to talk nonsense without providing evidence to their claims

How will Lookman reach his potential? Being a regular starter and let him get his mistakes out the way and gain experience for the remainder of the season, which is pretty much over for us now. Give him a run of games, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If he’s not improving or learning then send him out next season on loan.

So we shouldn't buy any more wingers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back