Votes: 690 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 241 23.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 112 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read every post in this thread sadly enough and there have been Many people saying his pace is gone and he’s worn out thats why Arsenal are binning him etc

But what that video also proves is pace isnt the only trait for Theo he has great ball control great agility can find the net has a great cross on him

It proves too many people on here like to talk nonsense without providing evidence to their claims
A highlights video at best shows that he has these things some of the time. You can't prove someone has great ball control by showing their highlights.

For the right price yes. But it really would have to be for the right price. The lad may only be 28 but his game has been reliant on pace and he's been playing first team football for over 12 years (most of it at the very top). He could easily be finished.

The way I see it all clubs outside the top six would love this transfer and feel lucky to have landed it. I don't know why wed turn our noses up. Keep signing players in this caliber and we'll have stability towards to top end.

I'm not comparing us to city. But I remember them mopping up these type of players early days. Spending mad money. Many flopps but they crawled up the table eventually.

A highlights video at best shows that he has these things some of the time. You can't prove someone has great ball control by showing their highlights.

Granted Thats fair but i watch alot of footy every week mate, im in australia where there is no decent entertainment so in turn i have watched plebty of players like Mhikatyran and Walcott etc people i would like us to be in for to form my opinions on their abilities...

But regardless of that, highlight video alone, yes they are not the be all and end all of scouting but in certain paramaters they can be useful to identify something, i will use your example of ball control

for a player at pace surrounded by plenty of options to slalom through 3-4 players at a time at the edge of the box before releasing the ball shows great confidence in his ball control by Theo himself,

look at some of those grabs from high balls, wath how he flicls the ball in his turns and from a stand still rapid drags of the ball to dummy a direction, he is incredibly gifted, they arent flukes and that video is compiled from only 37 performances as i said in the first video thats just last season

do a career long video and those numbers would improve

Please don’t feel like I am having a dig at you the general opinion towards Theo and a few other quality players frustrates me sometimes

It’s not an excuse, Walcott is struggling to get in a slightly above average arsenal side, is around 29 years of age and past his best. He has scored 65 goals for arsenal since joining them in 2006, that’s 11/12 years of playing for arsenal he has 65 goals!!!

Which is better than what we have in the squad surprisingly enough

Just play Lookman or Vlasic ffs, this is the perfect time... we have literally nothing to play for this season (provided we don't get dragged back into a relegation scrap) so give them plenty of minutes and see if they are up to the job or not.

Hopefuly he tells us to do one and goes back to Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back