Votes: 690 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 241 23.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 112 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasnt really fussed on Walcott , i always thought of him as a sicknote type.

But must admit , i could see him fitting in really well here . His record is excellent for a wide player although he still fancies playing central ( good option for us).
Arsenal dont sell cheap (Ox was 35 mil) so if a reasonable price can be reached go for it.
I'm warming to him coming here , so no doubt he'll end up at Southampton :(
Just like Ox he's crap

Problem with Walcott is his injury record and he never really gets going before another one happens. Stats wise he performs like the very best in the league when he gets a run of games. I know he doesn't come across like that with the eye test but stats don't lie. He's super quick and he creates a lot just by sheer pace in behind. He'll be good for us and if you don't think he walks into this team you're deluded.
Would I prefer some young winger for £30m who could go on to be better, of course, but if its Walcott then so be it.

Problem with Walcott is his injury record and he never really gets going before another one happens. Stats wise he performs like the very best in the league when he gets a run of games. I know he doesn't come across like that with the eye test but stats don't lie. He's super quick and he creates a lot just by sheer pace in behind. He'll be good for us and if you don't think he walks into this team you're deluded.
Would I prefer some young winger for £30m who could go on to be better, of course, but if its Walcott then so be it.
maybe he walks in the team mate but come on, we should be going for better.
20M or 30M whatever it is for him, you can get a foreign walcott for about 3M in another league.

For all the stick Wenger gets, I don't think he's soft.

I can't remember a player Wenger let go because he was surplus to requirements who went elsewhere and excelled.....?

I'm not sure about Walcott?!? But what gets me is that we go out and spend a load of money on players that Koeman liked. He got sacked and some of those players have fallen out of favour and it now seems like a waste of money. Now we hire Big Sam (supposedly for a short period of time to get us out of trouble) and now we are looking to buy players he likes. What happens when he goes (if he does) at the end of the season? What if our new manager wants to 'rebuild' for the future? Season after season we seem to be building for the future. It drives me mad! Here's what I reckon we should try and do. Put a ton of money into hiring a top manager. When I say a top manager I mean a manager who has won things. And not just 1 cup or league. We want someone who is a proven regular winning. Throw money at him to get him here. We just threw millions away on a few different players. Once he is here back him to the hilt. Maybe Dave Bassett!

maybe he walks in the team mate but come on, we should be going for better.
20M or 30M whatever it is for him, you can get a foreign walcott for about 3M in another league.
Like I said I'd prefer someone else. I can't say who because I don't follow the European game but I can't think of anyone better that's available in the Prem.
Would he make us better? Yes imo. That's all you can ask for. I certainly don't see it as someone you know is kak like Sissoko or Benteke. I'm not over the moon if he comes but I'm certainly not gutted either.

Its clear that we arent going to spend big time. Walcott would be an addition to squad and an improvement on lennon.

But he relies on pace and is 28 so is just starting the down slope.

We have lookman and valisc and if we bought them we at least must give them a fair go. Whats the point otherwise.

To me if money is tight we need to spend smart and not make same mistake of over covering postions like last summer. 20 something on kiernan tierney the best left back in the country is a much better plan going forward. Even if we have to go to 30 million. Money better spend. A top defender who can attack and goes into first 11 with baines as back up.

I can't remember a player Wenger let go because he was surplus to requirements who went elsewhere and excelled.....?

There's a lot of players leaving Arsenal in this or the next window whether it's his choice or not. Sanchez, Ozil, Giroud etc

Saying Ox and Walcott etc were "surplus" he doesn't really have anyone better replacing them. So he's maybe losing his touch

He doesn't let go but buries them to the bench until they rot. I think there is still time for Walcott to leave them and excel somewhere else.

Its clear that we arent going to spend big time. Walcott would be an addition to squad and an improvement on lennon.

We have lookman and valisc and if we bought them we at least must give them a fair go. Whats the point otherwise.

To me if money is tight we need to spend smart and not make same mistake of over covering postions like last summer. 20 something on kiernan tierney the best left back in the country is a much better plan going forward. Even if we have to go to 30 million. Money better spend. A top defender who can attack and goes into first 11 with baines as back up.
Yeah I agree with you here.

We probably aren't going to spend big time because big Sam isn't going to be here after this summer so they're getting in what's necessary and saving the transfer budget for the next manager. That's my take on it.
Vlasic and Lookman, I don't think either of those are ready yet to play regularly in the Prem. Lookman comes on the other day and does well, all of a sudden you get cries for him to be in the team again but every time I've seen him he's looked out of his depth in the main. If we can get Europa league again I'd like to see those two be given a chance in that and maybe be impact players off the bench in the Prem. They both look a year or two off to me right now.

I do think Walcott would be an upgrade, but I also think that Gaitan would be better, not quite as fast but still has a lot of pace and has more all around game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back