Votes: 690 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 241 23.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 112 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem with Walcott is his injury record and he never really gets going before another one happens. Stats wise he performs like the very best in the league when he gets a run of games. I know he doesn't come across like that with the eye test but stats don't lie. He's super quick and he creates a lot just by sheer pace in behind. He'll be good for us and if you don't think he walks into this team you're deluded.
Would I prefer some young winger for £30m who could go on to be better, of course, but if its Walcott then so be it.

Have you seen him play against Nottingham? The man isn’t what he used to be... onyekuru is 10x better than this injury prone guy

We probably aren't going to spend big time because big Sam isn't going to be here after this summer so they're getting in what's necessary and saving the transfer budget for the next manager. That's my take on it.
Vlasic and Lookman, I don't think either of those are ready yet to play regularly in the Prem. Lookman comes on the other day and does well, all of a sudden you get cries for him to be in the team again but every time I've seen him he's looked out of his depth in the main. If we can get Europa league again I'd like to see those two be given a chance in that and maybe be impact players off the bench in the Prem. They both look a year or two off to me right now.

I agree with you. But its not that everyone is crying out for lookman. He needs to be given time on the pitch to see if he is capable or not. If not move him on. We spend too much time with average players year in and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back